[TESTING] Kodi 18 (Leia) builds for Raspberry Pi

Between version 18.8-6, 20 March 2019: Based off OSMC commit ([b8c1662) and latest my wiimote and a and b button kinds stopped working and if i revert they work just as intended mind checking if anything changed in the code @gmc

Odd, I dont see any code changes for remotes or keys. Have you tried 18.8-7? Does is it broken there as well?

Can try later on its not a complete break since the dpad works just fine thinking it might be changes to kodi joystick conf that might be the culprit behind the issue also gonna try and reconfigure controls in kodi just to rule out that, ill get back with debug logs if its not working after trying reconfiguring and downgrading if its needed :slight_smile:

Did you remove my libinput grab patch as I suggested as a test?

Ah yes. Wonder if that’s it. I can add it back and see if it fixes the issue.
That was disabled on 18.8-7

1 Like

Any movement on this yet? The issue has been in OSMC for quite some time, I was wondering if there are any updates.

1 Like

+1

(it’s almost 2 month … public release of kodi 18.0 January 30, 2019)
(this version is under development since Dec '16 :open_mouth: )

its ready when its ready if your referring to kodi 18, better to have a stable version rather then one that crashes

not satisfying :confused:

Can you clarify what issue you are experiencing @wietze @bendsch?

Thanks

Sam

@wietze is having issues with green artifacts. I’ll ping you the details on MM

not at my place

You must first disable mediacenter (systemctl disable mediacenter && reboot) and then manually update

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

yes I know I do since 18.8-5

The bug was fixed in 18.8-8. Can you check if you are on this version?

Since it’s 10d that 17.8-433 is available, I can say that this version fix my NFS issue.
And I did not update/change the NFS server.

So I don’t really understand what was the issue. I hope going back to stable 18.1 will not break again the NFS.

Thanks for all your help.

@gmc reverting works to 18.8-6 tried reconfiguring joystick in kodi with zero result on 18.8-8 as Sam suggested it might be the test patch.

I’ll revert the patch in the next build and it should fix the issue.

1 Like

tnx both @gmc and @sam_nazarko :smiley:

The last time I looked the OSMC with KODI 17 worked well, or is there are an special need with Kodi V18? And someone says if needed you can grab the Beta if you want may it was Sam himself.