[TESTING] Kodi v19 builds for Vero 4K / 4K +

You’re using a GUI resolution of 1920x1080 @ 59.94i. Can you try a progressive/non-interlaced resolution?

Ah. That did the trick. I wonder if that is what is messing with my projector too for 4k movies. Let me go test that as well. It must have defaulted to that when I upgraded to Matrix. Thanks!

1 Like

So I managed to fix my playback issues. The answer was to turn off adjust display refresh rate. This actually makes sense as the projector handles this. By having it on, kodi and the projector were trying to negotiate what to do against each other. Everything plays straight away now.

1 Like

I’ve got the looping smiley face issue, too. Removing user data didn’t work and ‘grab-logs -A’ returns “command not found”.

Sorry typo from my side grablogs -A (corrected my earlier post)

HLG HDR used to work after a fresh install (stream UHD test channel using pvr addon vdr vnsi). After a recent update using the testing repository, my TV no longer triggers HLG HDR.

I’m seeing issues with HLG too. HLG videos on YouTube are triggering the TV to switch to HDR, but not HLG HDR. And the UHD test loop in iPlayer is actually being output as SDR.

Do y’all need logs?

Logs are always needed to debug. :slightly_smiling_face:

https://paste.osmc.tv/liconugavu

The first video played here is the iPlayer UHD test loop; the second one is on YouTube. I tried playing the iPlayer loop in Kodi Matrix on my Amazon Fire TV Cube, and that correctly triggers HLG; so it’s probably not an issue with the TV or with the iPlayer add-on.

We’ve tested HDR10+ and HLG here with different TVs now… All have reported HLG correctly, same as HDR10+. Only VP9.2 HLG is reported as HDR10 which is a known bug that hasn’t been fixed yet :slightly_smiling_face:

Did you try the iPlayer UHD test loop? Install “iPlayer www” add on from Kodi repository, then go into UHD Trial Channels and play UHD Trial 5.

Another example… If you go here: HLG UHD 4K Demos | 4K Media then you can download two different HLG test clips. Of those, the TravelXP clip plays correctly and triggers HLG, but the Cymatic Jazz clip plays in SDR. (Both play in HLG on my Fire TV Cube).

Yes. there’s something wrong with the metadata on that clip. If it’s playing as HLG on other devices, we’ll have to see what’s up.

I can’t get any of those to play :frowning_face:

It certainly plays as HLG on my Fire TV Cube.

Only number 5 plays, the others don’t.

Last time I looked HLG was declared in the file header but not in the frame headers. That’s why we’re not detecting it. We’ll get it fixed.

Not even that here. Maybe @Steve_Neal knows why.

With the release of stable do we now need to edit sources or should we stay on dev?

Remove it unless you want to stay on devel on purpose (expect breakage at times)

3 Likes

@sam_nazarko any solution to my cover problem??

This should be in the FAQ, or better yet automated, since the testing took quite some time with quite advantages, so quite a lot of people used it.

so now i just can remove the last line in the sources list ?

deb http://apt.osmc.tv buster-devel main ?
Or should we keep it in case of new builds?