[TESTING] Kodi v19 builds for Vero 4K / 4K +

Ok guys/gals/whatever,

Just did fresh install on vero4k+ (OSMC_TGT_vero3_20201227.img). This fixed audio sync problem! So, perhaps there is something in the latest test builds that might cause this? Before you do any release, I might, humbly, ask that you keep this issue in mind.

Now another problem has crept into osmc-verse: The image that I installed loads python2, not python3:

021-06-10 17:52:18.822 T:4071214272 NOTICE: Starting Kodi (18.9). Platform: Linux ARM (Thumb) 32-bit
2021-06-10 17:52:18.822 T:4071214272 NOTICE: Using Release Kodi x32 build (version for Vero)
2021-06-10 17:52:18.822 T:4071214272 NOTICE: Kodi compiled 2020-11-27 by GCC 8.3.0 for Linux ARM (Thumb) 32-bit version 4.19.152 (267160)
2021-06-10 17:52:18.823 T:4071214272 NOTICE: Running on Open Source Media Center 2020.11-1, kernel: Linux ARM 32-bit version 3.14.29-160-osmc
2021-06-10 17:52:18.832 T:4071214272 NOTICE: FFmpeg version/source: 4.0.4-Kodi
2021-06-10 17:52:18.832 T:4071214272 NOTICE: Host CPU: AArch64 Processor rev 4 (aarch64), 4 cores available
2021-06-10 17:52:18.832 T:4071214272 NOTICE: ARM Features: Neon disabled

2021-06-10 17:52:19.728 T:4071214272 NOTICE: ADDON: xbmc.python v2.26.0 insalled

(the linux x86_64 version from repos uses python3)

But this is for another thread. Feel free to point to an existing thread on this. If not, I’ll start one myself.

Thanks again to all the helped.

ken

Did you upgrade to the Testing version? Python3 only comes with Kodi 19

I had installed a testing release a while back (v18 kodi) dealing with some issues then. Just forgot to switch repos back.

Just in case: there doesn’t seem to be any audio sync problem with the stable releases. In fact playback is great - even including x265/UHD.

Just noticed: it seems I have v18 kodi installed, not v19. I got the .img file from Download - OSMC - for the Vero4K+. Did a fresh install of osmc with that image.

Did another fresh install. Running Kodi v18.9.

This topic should end here. This would now be an install issue, not testing.

thx.

ken

I’ve noticed something odd on the test builds, with (as far as I can tell) only the TVHeadend plugin.

When starting something in tvheadend (either a Live tv stream, or a recording), the video seems to initially start out in slow motion for a few seconds, leaving it behind (out of sync) with the audio, and this persists past the hdmi resolution reset. However, if I hit “pause” at any time (whether before or after the resolution reset), the audio pauses right away, and the video continues for a few seconds and then stops. After that, I can resume/pause to my hearts content and things remain in sync. So, basically in tvheadend everything starts out-of-sync, but pausing always fixes it.

I’m running the development branch of tvheadend (on a separate server), so am not sure if this would be related to the vero matrix test build, or if it’s just something on the tvheadend server side.

Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

Any ETA when v19 will see it’s release?

Not currently.

Any chance of acquiring one at some point?

This is well covered in other threads that you are following.

I have updated the Kodi to the latest Matrix version. All went fine, I am just missing the previous PVR Enigma 2 client . Is not there, I cannot find it on PVR section .
Why is not there now ? Thank you

If I recall correctly, it doesn’t build properly. I can revisit it for the next build and see if it works now.

1 Like

Would be great, I used it very often to stream remotely from my Vu+. Thank you

I’ve double checked this and I am mistaken (regarding this add-on) – the Enigma PVR Add-on doesn’t seem to be in the Kodi binary repo anymore. See GitHub - xbmc/repo-binary-addons: Official repository for Kodi binary add-ons. This is why we haven’t built it for OSMC. So it may not be available for Kodi v19.

Cheers

Sam

Ever since I upgraded to the RC, my Home UI screen resolution won’t stay at 2160p. Kodi keeps selecting 1080p, meaning the home screen doesn’t fit my TV. This never happened on the Stable release. How can this be fixed? What do you need from me my side?

We don’t recommend to set the GUI at 4k, keep it at 1080p (see below).
If the 1080p isn’t filling your TV screen then you have an issue with the overscan setting of your TV. That depends on your TV, if you let us know which TV you have we can help but generally you look at something like Just Scan or 1:1.

As said I would not keep the GUI at 4k while it still should work. Maybe @grahamh still want to take a look but he would need debug logs from you to check it.

We recommend people with 4K TV’s set their user interface (UI) to 1080p. Kodi’s UI is not optimized for 4K yet and this can put unnecessary demands on your device and can lead to a suboptimal picture quality, as well as potentially cause other issues.

The settings we recommend are as follows…

Settings>System>Display>Resolution> 1920x1080p
Settings>System>Display>Whitelist> (empty) *
Settings>Player>Videos>Adjust display refresh rate> On start/stop

Some televisions may also need, or benefit from, the following being set…

System>Display>Force 4:2:2 colour subsampling> (enable)

With the above settings your UI will be output in Full HD and your 4K content will be output in 4K. *Information regarding the whitelist can be found here. If you have any doubt, feel free to upload some logs so we can verify that your settings are indeed correct.

We don’t recommend to set the GUI at 4k, keep it at 1080p (see below).

Even if I set it to 1080p, the picture - despite being calibrated within the Kodi UI - is still oversized the next time I turn Vero 4K on.

If the 1080p isn’t filling your TV screen then you have an issue with the overscan setting of your TV.

It’s definitely filling it; far more than I would like.

That depends on your TV, if you let us know which TV you have we can help but generally you look
at something like Just Scan or 1:1 .

Samsung Q80R.

As I said, everything worked perfectly prior to the 19.1 RC. On v18 I never - ever - experienced this issue. I’ll upload the logs.

I uploaded them using log uploader. Not sure if they’ll be of help or not, but let me know what you need as the issue is driving me crazy.

Don’t calibrate there, reset that.

Ok, seems a bit odd on Samsung. Seems you need to rename the input (or maybe connect the Vero to a different HDMO input).

You would need to share the URL.

As mentioned besides potentially fixing this GUI not sticking topic the better fix is on your TV.

…but it worked fine before this new RC. No other HDMI input gives me any issue. Everything is running through a Denon AVR.

Well that means it worked for 4k GUI setting before (as far as I understood your message) but I assume overscan on 1080p was already happening in the past, or?