[TESTING] Kodi v19 builds for Vero 4K / 4K +

sudo chmod a+x /usr/share/kodi/addons/script.module.osmccommon/resources/lib/osmccommon/grablogs.py

may help

1 Like

As we now figured out we all confused the hell out of each other. I haven’t checked when I replied to you as I just thought I got it wrong.
But yes just to confirm the command is grab-logs and it should be in /usr/bin/grab-logs

Strange how that has become wrong, might impact other parts of your system. May want to think about a reinstall.
It should be

osmc@osmc-vero4k:~$ ls -lah /usr/share/kodi/addons/script.module.osmccommon/resources/lib/osmccommon/grablogs.py
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 28K Aug  7 19:54 /usr/share/kodi/addons/script.module.osmccommon/resources/lib/osmccommon/grablogs.py

So the chmod command from @bla should fix this and then you should be able to upload your logs but I really not sure what else might be wrong.

HI,

I would try a reinstall following these instructions:

Then restore your settings.

Thanks Tom.

Thanks! I think this will be best course of action.

1 Like

Clean install of OSMC did the trick. I was hoping that the new version would support external disk drives for playing things like audio CD’s but sadly no.

I can’t think of any reason why external drives wouldn’t be supported :thinking: It’s not a very common setup we see very often, tbh, but it should work.

Im Running the latest official build with kodi 19.1 and my 3D MVC mkvs work great.
A quick question tho and i didnt want to open a new Thread for this.

At the moment kodi/osmc always asks me if i want to play the files in their native format (3D) or not.
Is it possible to configure this systemwide as default always want to play those movies in 3D on this device anyway.

Under Settings / Player / Videos / Stereoscopic 3D, have you got “Playback mode of stereoscopic 3D videos” set to “Ask me”?

If so, try setting it to “Preferred Mode” instead, and make sure that Settings / System / Display / Stereoscopic 3D / Preferred mode is set to “Same as movie”.

Also, make sure your filenames are in the right format. So, if it’s an MVC 3D file, it should be called something like Avatar (2009).3d.mvc.mkv

2 Likes

Ah missed this “new” setting since i did upgrade for a while :slight_smile: Thank you

Is this testing now defunct with the release of the main stream Kodi 19?

The specific Kodi 19 testing yes, but surely testing versions will continue to be published under the devel repository.

Yes – which is why this thread will close soon after there haven’t been replies for a while.

Leave the buster-devel line in the sources.list? Or remove it?

If you want to test new functions with possible breakage and requirement for new install keep it in. If you want a stable system remove it.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.