[TESTING] Kodi v19 builds for Vero 4K / 4K +

Did you try the iPlayer UHD test loop? Install “iPlayer www” add on from Kodi repository, then go into UHD Trial Channels and play UHD Trial 5.

Another example… If you go here: HLG UHD 4K Demos | 4K Media then you can download two different HLG test clips. Of those, the TravelXP clip plays correctly and triggers HLG, but the Cymatic Jazz clip plays in SDR. (Both play in HLG on my Fire TV Cube).

Yes. there’s something wrong with the metadata on that clip. If it’s playing as HLG on other devices, we’ll have to see what’s up.

I can’t get any of those to play :frowning_face:

It certainly plays as HLG on my Fire TV Cube.

Only number 5 plays, the others don’t.

Last time I looked HLG was declared in the file header but not in the frame headers. That’s why we’re not detecting it. We’ll get it fixed.

Not even that here. Maybe @Steve_Neal knows why.

With the release of stable do we now need to edit sources or should we stay on dev?

Remove it unless you want to stay on devel on purpose (expect breakage at times)

3 Likes

@sam_nazarko any solution to my cover problem??

This should be in the FAQ, or better yet automated, since the testing took quite some time with quite advantages, so quite a lot of people used it.

so now i just can remove the last line in the sources list ?

deb http://apt.osmc.tv buster-devel main ?
Or should we keep it in case of new builds?

I’m not for automating – but we can make it clearer in the FAQ.

That’s up to you – if you remove it – you get only stable builds (including a stable v19). If you still want to run the latest and greatest (expect breakage) you can keep the line.

ah ok, then ill keep it, i like to learn and fiddle in the osmc system from time to time :slight_smile:

osmc@vero:~$ grablogs -A
-bash: grablogs: command not found

Hi,

Try: grab-logs -A

Regards Tom.

So bizarre. I accidentally used this command on my pi 4 running osmc and it works. But not on the Vero

osmc@vero:~$ grab-logs -A
-bash: /usr/bin/grab-logs: Permission denied
osmc@vero:~$ sudo grab-logs -A
sudo: grab-logs: command not found
osmc@vero:~$

Hi,

That fact you are getting a permission denied for grab-logs, is a indicative of a borked setup. I would consider reinstalling and restore your config.

If you want to investigate further, please provide the output of:

ls -la /usr/bin/grab-logs

&

ls -la /usr/share/kodi/addons/script.module.osmccommon/resources/lib/osmccommon/grablogs.py

Thanks Tom.

Tried to reinstall a dozen times but no dice. I’ll try to grab logs.

Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
(Reading database … 39928 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack …/vero3-mediacenter-osmc_19.1.0-16_armhf.deb …
Unpacking vero3-mediacenter-osmc (19.1.0-16) over (18.9.0-4) …
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/vero3-mediacenter-osmc_19.1.0-16_armhf.deb (–unpack):
trying to overwrite ‘/usr/share/kodi/addons/visualization.spectrum/addon.xml’, which is also in package kodi-visualization-spectrum:armhf 1.1.1-1
dpkg-deb: error: paste subprocess was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/vero3-mediacenter-osmc_19.1.0-16_armhf.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

osmc@vero:~$ echo &&ls -la /usr/bin/grab-logs && echo

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 84 Aug 3 11:19 /usr/bin/grab-logs → /usr/share/kodi/addons/script.module.osmccommon/resources/lib/osmccommon/grablogs.py

osmc@vero:~$ echo&& ls -la /usr/share/kodi/addons/script.module.osmccommon/resources/lib/osmccommon/grablogs.py && echo

-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 28533 Aug 3 11:19 /usr/share/kodi/addons/script.module.osmccommon/resources/lib/osmccommon/grablogs.py