[TESTING] Kodi v19 builds for Vero 4K / 4K +

That would be amazing!
Thank you.

Here is the log for crashing on chapter skips (up/down on remote)

https://paste.osmc.tv/hofuninaci

The FAQ says to create a new forum post if I encounter other issues after updating. Does that mean post here, or post in “Help and support”?

I’ll try to enable debug logging via SSH and add that to the post above.

Since starting to use the v19 build, the GUI ‘exit’ freezes without restarting mediacenter leaving the power menu showing (I’ve left it overnight but it never completes), and I have to use systemctl to restart mediacenter from ssh.

I got the logs using grab-logs, and they are at https://paste.osmc.tv/tifonubije.

Known issue, if you want to get to command line. Repeated pressing of ESC after you choose Exit seems to work.

Well I used to use exit as a quick way to restart mediacenter in order to retrieve missing thumbnails after reboot (they’re on a USB drive which gets automounted ‘too late’ to initially display them). Pressing Esc (Via a bluetooth keyboard) didn’t seem to do anything for me.

But if it’s a known issue I guess I’ll just wait…

@piejanssens I think you should post on this thread if it is related to the test build.

Same here, it doesn’t matter if you are running on Vero 4k or RPi4, there is an issue with third-party repository. Kodi is not able install dependencies automatically after installing third-party repository.

I’m looking in to this. I will also look at bumping to top of Matrix in the process.

In case you were not aware:

2021-04-19 14:47:46.929 T:2660 DEBUG : Repository add-on repository.xbmc.org uses plain HTTP for add-on downloads in path Index of /osmc/osmc/download/kodi/addons/matrix - this is insecure and will make your Kodi installation vulnerable to attacks if enabled!

This is not an issue.

I want to downgrade from this v19 build back to the 2020.11-1 version, but I’m not having any success. I installed the 2020.11-1 image to a USB thumbdrive (the same one I used for the original installation of the v19 image, using Rufus) but after powering down my Vero 4k+, unplugging it from the power supply, plugging in the USB thumbdrive, and then powering up, the unit boots into the v19 installation, seemingly ignoring the thumbdrive. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bit more complicated? I’m comfortable using ssh if I have a little hand-holding.

No real complaints about the new v19 build, just want to go back to old faithful for a little bit longer.

Thank you…

1 Like

Can you show a screenshot of the contents of your USB so we can check that you imaged it correctly?

Thanks

Sam

This is what it looks like in Windows 10…

Never mind, I’m an idiot. I used the Raspberry Pi image.

Apologies for wasting your time! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Firstly thanks for your work on releasing v19 for us. Vero 4K+ upgrade went mostly okay, with only a few issues apparent afterwards.

1. No audio. Out audio device list contains only two items:

-Playback/recording through pulse audio sound server
-PulseAudio Sound Server

I seem to recall there was a third option in here before, maybe HDMI or something?

My setup is Vero > TV > A/V Receiver (ARC)

CEC control is working fine.

1. System > Audio menu appears incomplete. On expert settings, the section headed Audio Passthrough is empty with no configuration visible. I can show a photo if necessary.

2. switching skins reverts almost immediately to the previously selected skin.

You need to remove pulseaudio. If you previously installed a2dp-app-osmc, do this:

sudo apt-get remove --purge a2dp-app-osmc pulseaudio-module-bluetooth

I think someone is working on the skin-switching issue.

1 Like

Try adding this line to /etc/rc.local (just before the line exit 0):

echo 1 > /sys/module/am_vecm/parameters/hdr_mode

reboot.

1 Like

perfect! audio is back now, and Passthrough menu is restored, thank you :slight_smile:

also worth mentioning, I have six add-ons that will not update:

CherryPi
Metadata and Artwork module
Skin Helper Service
Skin Helper Service Backup
Skin Helper Service Widgets
The TVDB API V2

I noticed others mentioning issues with add-ons, so this is more just to inform of the ones I’m having issues with.

1 Like

This worked perfectly.
Thank you so much!

So if i have my display calibrated to 120nits i should change the Display maximum luminance from 100 to 125 for more accurate picture?