[TESTING] Kodi v19 builds for Vero 4K / 4K +

Hows Plex after the upgrade? I only use my 4k + for plex playback which includes high bandwidth 4k hdr titles.

Eveything currently works perfectly so wondering if I should not upgrade.

This is not a stable upgrade! These are test builds that should be expected to be broken and fixed several times over before release as stable.

Ppl shouldn’t cut off their noses to spite their faces because oooh shiny newww

2 Likes

So installed fine but every time I reboot it tries to import/migrate addons which fails but there are no incompatible addons listed…
I tried going through all addons and removing any that were not running (uninstall) but it still keeps coming up.
Is there a way to find out what the offending addon is and get rid of this error?

Deubg logs will show what triggers the error.

In theory, yes. But bear in mind there is no ‘exact’ answer. A 120-nit screen can never show exactly what the colourist saw on his 1000-nit reference monitor when grading the content.

1 Like

Thanks @sam_nazarko for all of this.

Question: if i want to not upgrade my VERO4K+ (because it’s work with 3D, and my skin, … ) . Do i have to do somehing if i don’t want it to upgrade ?

Thanks.

Nb: i have 10 days ago ordered a second Vero4K+, will it be in kodi v19 ? (Also is it possible to know about my order status (when i’ll be delivered ?)).

As long as you don’t have the deb http://apt.osmc.tv buster-devel main in your sources.list you don’t need to worry about the testing updates.

But V19 will be in the next stable update but by that time there shouldn’t be a reason not to update (unless your skin by that time is still not v19 capable.

No, Vero will be distributed with v18 till the v19 stable image be released.

Thanks for this answer.

I have tested the Kodi V19 on a rapsberry (pi4) and it don’t read correclty 3D blueray (i have much)… So i would like to not test the V19 on the vero. Actual kodi V18 version work fine in 3D so .

KR

We are up to date on all orders.
You should have received tracking via email. If this isn’t the case, let me know the order # and I will PM shipping details

Thanks

Sam

Raspberry Pi won’t support 3D under Kodi v19, but the Vero 4K(+) will be 3D-capable under v19; so, once v19 is stable, there’s no reason not to upgrade to it. And as Sam said, you won’t accidentally upgrade to a v19 test build.

Ok thanks angry.sardine. But what would be the improvement : Do i have a real value added to run on V19 instead of V18 knowing i take risk for 3D Blueray, transparency skin, … to upgrade in V19 ?

KR

For what it’s worth, I’ve tested some 3d bluray iso on the kodi 19 build and they seem to be playing fine, as do 3d-tab and 3d-sbs.

You’d need to check with the skin maintainer on when (or if) it will support matrix. I imagine if you go to their forum page Kodi Community Forum - Skins Support there will be discussion around that.

1 Like

There’s no risk for 3D - even in the test build it works just as well as in the Kodi 18 / 4.9 kernel test build. Your skin, I don’t know about.

Looking further ahead, bear in mind that there will never be any more updates to the 18.9 software; so any issue that you do eventually encounter will never be fixed. But the Kodi 19 build will eventually become the supported version of the software, and all new fixes and features will be made available on that platform.

2 Likes

It seem that Transparency will not be ported… I’m sad. I’ll still use the V18 to keep it… Badly for updates coming …

KR

Here is shown how to use Transparency! with Kodi 19.

No a real big deal to alter two lines. Ich have checked the alteration on a windows PC with Kodi 19 and it works.

1 Like

Many many thanks Chang_loo !! I’ll try it

Any comments/help on these topics?

i saw that the problems were encountered by other users, too

Someone is looking into CEC issues. I would normally deal with audio issues but I live in an Apple-free zone and have no idea about Spotify.

1 Like

I am running the 3D MVC test build (4.9 kernel)on my Vero 4k+. So I am assuming to update, all I need to do is ssh into the Vero 4k+ and :

1. Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list
  2. Delete all entries in the above file
  3. Add the following line to the sources.list file: deb http://apt.osmc.tv buster-devel main
  4. sudo apt-get update
  5. sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    6.reboot

Thanks!

Definitely don’t do that! :open_mouth:

You can delete the line that includes “videoimprovevero49”, but you should leave the others.

1 Like