[TESTING] Kodi v20.1 builds

Will keep an eye out for this and implement any changes.

Well … in trying to fix the inputsteam.adaptive issue by installing a test addon that claimed to fix the issue, I’ve managed to bork the system so it doesn’t play any streaming media. The addon seems to be incompatible with OSMC. I can’t find the stock IA binary that states its compatible with OSMC,

So to cut a long story short, I’d like to delete the current defective addon and get the system to reinstall the stock IA addon, and then wait until a proper fix becomes available. Unlike stock Kodi which I read can delete addons, OSMC doesn’t seem to have a facility to do it. Can this be done?

If not, I’ll do a bare metal reinstall. I have another similarly configured Vero that I can use to provide a backup to reconfigure the rebuilt item.

A learning experience … any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You could run sudo apt-get install --reinstall vero3-mediacenter-osmc

Sam

Thanks for the tip @sam_nazarko

Would that get rid of the dodgy IA addon? Does the --reinstall option wipe the configuration back to default?

It depends how you’ve installed it. It definitely won’t hurt.

No, it won’t because if you installed it from within Kodi it would be in Kodi’s userdata and that command will not touch that folder. To remove an add-on you would navigate to add-ons>my add-ons>all> and then find and highlight the one you want to remove and then context menu>information and then disable or delete. Failing that you can manually delete add-ons by navigating the file system (via SSH or Samba) and remove delete the add-on from ~/.kodi/addons and optionally its preferences as well from ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data and then restart Kodi. If things went really sideways you can also just remove the entire ~/.kodi folder to get back to stock settings…

Let’s test with Kodi default settings. Enter the following commands with an SSH connection.

systemctl stop mediacenter
mv ~/.kodi ~/kodi.bak
systemctl start mediacenter

If needed you can restore:

systemctl stop mediacenter
mv ~/.kodi ~/kodi.bk2
mv ~/kodi.bak ~/.kodi
systemctl start mediacenter

If your original setup was restored as expected and you want get rid of the unneeded clean install you can delete that with the following command.

rm -r ~/kodi.bk2

1 Like

Hi @darwindesign, thanks for the advice. For the record, I’ve used Linux for years and I’m familiar with the command line and basic admin, but I’m not a programmer.

I had found the addons directory, but not the addon-data one. After moving both the IA sub-directories and rebooting, the old IA addon has magically reappeared. it must be part of the default set-up. I was expecting that I’d have to manually reinstall it. The current OSMC version is 20.3.7, the latest is .8, so there is a lag with updates.

FYI, I tried to compile the latest version using the instructions on the IA git repository. I took a while and completed, but wouldn’t install due to some dependency error. I thought this surprising as it was done on the native hardware, but as I said earlier, I’m not a programmer.

Thanks again for your help. Hopefully a IA fix that works with OSMC will become available soon.

1 Like

The Nexus branch from Kodi upstream already includes 20.3.8, so the next build of Kodi for OSMC on this thread will include it.

I will have a new build up in a few days. I want to fix some string issues as well as fixup a resolution display issue for Vero.

We should then be good for a June release as stable.

Just keep an eye on this thread, and thanks for testing.

5 Likes

Since upgrading to Kodi v20, I’ve been getting sporadic error messages about some IPTV add on. I’ve no recollection of installing this, so it may possibly be installed by default?

Debug logs: https://paste.osmc.tv/woyewutabe

Looking good since the last update. IA to 30.3.8 seems to have cured the live streaming issue.

There was a minor issue in My OSMC, where if you attempted a manual software update the progression dialogue didn’t appear. It does now.

Haven’t had any other issues related to how I use my Veros. Many thanks to the OSMC team for producing such a good product.

I seem to have problems with the sound since the update. Either it cuts out completely, the speakers crackle or the picture is gone for a short time. Usually only towards the end of a film, around 1 hour or more. I use an LG 7.1 Atmos soundbar. Passthrough is enabled. but I seem to be an isolated case here? I’ve swapped cables and adapters. I had no problems before the update.

Unfortunately no IA update for raspberry pi 2 / 3 / 3+ so I have to remain on KODI 19.5 (2023.05-1)
I downgraded by installing on another SD-card…

Thanks for the reminder.
I’ve pushed a build for you. Should be ready in about an hour

Sam

Much better now thanks!

Thanks to everyone that tested.

I am now going to close this thread and release Kodi v20.1 as a stable to release to our user base.

Cheers

Sam

4 Likes