[TESTING] Kodi v20.1 builds

If it’s backported then it will be in v20.2.

It’s also marked for back port as it’s a fix, not a new feature. It should subsequently appear in v20 with the next point release.

I’m on Team Kodi and checked on this for you. You can email forumsupport@kodi.tv.

thanks for doing that. I got there in the end.

Is it maybe also interacting with your preference to show subs by default? From your guisettings.xml…

<defaultvideosettings>
        <showsubtitles>true</showsubtitles>
    </defaultvideosettings>

Just checked my OSMC 19.4 Pi and it has the same entry in its guisettings.xml file as you’ve posted, but it has the correct behaviour in terms of respecting the forced only setting. I’ve not changed anything in my settings, just installed v20 on the Vero and the Shield, and they have both changed their behaviour vs v19 without intervention on my part.

Looking at the in-play for an mkv with two sub tracks and neither marked as forced, with 19.4 I see that it has correctly identified the track with a default flag but subs are disabled because I have Forced only in my settings. With 20.1 the default track is both identified and enabled, even if it has no forced flag.

Appreciate this is perhaps academic, as I would want to see the forced subs anyway, but I am curious as to the explanation.

I wonder how did that happen. The mysql_upgrade command is needed when updating MySQL (or MariaDB) server to a new version, not when a client is updated or when a client updates its database.

Are you sure you didn’t lately update the database server (MariaDB) to a newer version?

I’m running the Docker version In Unraid so I think it automatically updates to the latest when available. Not sure on why I’ve never had to run that command before though?

You prolly got the variable MARIADB_AUTO_UPGRADE set.

Unfortunately the problem still exists, I installed LibreELEC 11.0 Kodi 20.1 Linux Kernel 6.1.x on another SD-card and there are no live streaming problems with the same add-on (Webbie Player)
I hope that the problem can be solved, because I prefer OSMC…

Must be a kernel decoding bug then. We can move to 6.x in the near future.

Sam

I installed the update on both my Veros, firstly on our vanilla Vero, (not used much) and then on our ‘plus’ on our main TV.

I was a bit surprised when the Veros didn’t appear to do a full reboot after installation. Is that normal?

After the install I’ve had issues with a local sport streaming service on the ‘plus.’ It randomly locks up after a time and I’ve had the “green screen of death.” Both instances require removing the power to regain control of the unit. I haven’t seen any similar issues while watching videos off our NAS.

Happy to help with diagnosing the issue. Will try to get logs but will have to wait for a quiet moment, probably Monday.

There shouldn’t be any updated packages requiring a reboot.

Is this Kodi v20.1 built with a recent ffmpeg version that now has multicore decoding for VC1 files?

I’ve had logging on twice when the problem happens, and both times the logs won’t upload because the file is too large. The second time I rebooted twice before replicating the problem. You have to wait for the problem to occur.

Is there an alternative way to get the file to you?

The lock-up only happens when live streaming. Occasionally I get a buffer error, but can recover. Other times the screen locks up and the only way I can get back control is by removing power from the Vero.

I’ve had a terminal open when the fault occurs. There is a serious input lag, ie, enter a command and it takes seconds to respond.

There is a steaming add-on involved, (Kayo by Matt Huisman) but I didn’t have this problem with it before updating to 20.1. However, I’ve checked the forums and there is talk of a memory leak in the InputAdaptive add-on, so that may be the culprit.

Happy to do whatever to get the logs to you.

This sounds like a network issue. How are you connected to the network?
if you run a long (10 - 20 minutes) iperf3 test are there also such periods of freeze?

I don’t think it’s a network issue. I can stream of locally stored videos without the problem occurring. Only happens streaming live TV, in this case, sporting events. The Vero has a wired connection. I’ll check it anyway.

830MB to the Vero, 930 from.

This is very similar to the problem that I dicribed 9 days ago:

After about 2 minutes live HD-stream freezes, no connection everything stops, cannot reboot, have to unplug in order to restart osmc…
https://paste.osmc.tv/ebebuloxip

As I said in my previous post, their seems to be a problem in the InputStream.Adaptive add-on. This apparently affects live streaming. For me, it takes around 30 minutes or more, but the system locks up. There’s claimed to be a fix, see https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/thread/3wwnqx63?p=85 . i haven’t tried it yet.