[TESTING] Linux 4.9 kernel and improved video stack for Vero 4K / 4K +

Is there a bug in this version, that causes blackscreens and a red buffering circle with 100 in the middle with some HEVC videos? Eventually if there is a little part of the file corrupted at the beginning? My other kodi systems play the files without problems. Also I found some files that return to the Kodi menu after starting and changing the framerate.

There are some files that will not play back that worked under 3.14.

This should be fixed in the next build.

1 Like

It will be included in the next build.

1 Like

After June update kodi 18.7.1 sometimes crashed when i switch TV channels. There is a log

http://paste.osmc.tv/ajohikirux

Hi All,
Just received vero 4k+. Trying to enable 3D.
I don’t have write rights on source.list with osmc user. It’s been almost 20y I didn’t type linux commands…etc so help please

Prefix the nano command with sudo and you will have rights to overwrite the file

Sam

Such quick reply. You rock!
Of course that did the trick.
ashamed… so easy

Thanks !!

I’m glad this is working for you now.

Sam

Alright.
I might have misunderstood some few things:
Am I not supposed to get additional option “hardware” in settings->display for 3D stereoscopic/current?
Note that I am directly trying with iso, which I was expecting to work directly (fine in 2D). Shall extract TS instead?

I’ve installed kernell 4.9 (checked system info confirming).
Checked the 3d capabilities:
osmc@osmc:~$ cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap_3d
480p60hz TopBottom SidebySide
576p50hz TopBottom SidebySide
720p50hz FramePacking TopBottom SidebySide
720p60hz FramePacking TopBottom SidebySide
1080p24hz FramePacking TopBottom SidebySide
1080p25hz TopBottom SidebySide
1080p30hz TopBottom SidebySide
1080i50hz TopBottom SidebySide
1080p50hz TopBottom SidebySide
1080i60hz TopBottom SidebySide
1080p60hz TopBottom SidebySide

Well first question is, did you updated to the latest OSMC Version (June)? If so you would need to downgrade to make 3D work again.

sudo apt-get install --reinstall vero3-mediacenter-osmc=18.6.0-13

ok. I missed the point: it is about testing other element of this kernell.
thanks

Works, thanks.
I would like to contribute to this test as well.
Could you please let me know the package name to swing back to this test version of osmc (like 18.7.x-xx)?

Now you are confusing me.
18.6.0-13 = Latest 3D enabled testing version
18.7.1-2 = Is the latest stable version (without 3D)

How can we avoid the overwritten of the 3D Kodi, but get other updates like kernel, drivers?

1 Like

Thanks !
On one hand, I might contribute test kernell 4.9 with latest stable osmc version.
On the other hand, I want to be able to watch my 3D collection occasionally.
Not sure about 4.9 test protocol either.

There aren’t going to be any new 4.9 builds for the next few weeks. Once there is one, it will be 3D-enabled.

No problem if I loose the 3D option for a few weeks, but Kodi 18.7 install works fine with 4.9 kernel for the other new functions enabled with this stack? If so I will update and start using this version. I will survive without 3D for a few weeks, but really looking forward to next update :slight_smile:

As explained above, Kodi v18.7 will work with 4.9.

I had too many crashes with 18.7. I just reverted back to 18.6, hopefully that’ll be better.

Some logs of these crashes would be useful

Sam