[TESTING] Linux 4.9 kernel and improved video stack for Vero 4K / 4K +

Then just enable HPD Lock under Settings -> Display for now.

I will when i manage to get it to read. I tried hot plugging but no difference. I’ll have another go after work today

We will push another kernel soon, and I’ll re-add the commit.

The thing is – it only fixed things partially and after seeing some upstream AML commits which addressed a similar issue, I assumed things had been fixed by AMLogic who will know the quirks of the I2C EDID registers better than us…

A few more fixes to get ready first.
We are trying to get the green screen and artifacts on seeking fixed for the next kernel release.

4 Likes

Thanks Sam, really appreciate the effort that goes into this

2 Likes

I don’t suppose there’s any way to get a notification of when kernels are released? Saves me checking the thread every other day.

You might be able to subscribe to email notifications to this thread; but you’ll probably get a lot of noise.

Docker will work with the next kernel build.

I’ve updated the kernel configuration to add all the needed options and verified that Docker is working as expected.

root@osmc:/home/osmc# docker run hello-world 
Unable to find image 'hello-world:latest' locally
latest: Pulling from library/hello-world
4ee5c797bcd7: Pull complete 
Digest: sha256:95ddb6c31407e84e91a986b004aee40975cb0bda14b5949f6faac5d2deadb4b9

Hello from Docker!
This message shows that your installation appears to be working correctly.

To generate this message, Docker took the following steps:
 1. The Docker client contacted the Docker daemon.
 2. The Docker daemon pulled the "hello-world" image from the Docker Hub.
    (arm32v7)
 3. The Docker daemon created a new container from that image which runs the
    executable that produces the output you are currently reading.
 4. The Docker daemon streamed that output to the Docker client, which sent it
    to your terminal.

To try something more ambitious, you can run an Ubuntu container with:
 $ docker run -it ubuntu bash

Share images, automate workflows, and more with a free Docker ID:
 https://hub.docker.com/

For more examples and ideas, visit:
 https://docs.docker.com/get-started/

root@osmc:/home/osmc# 

I still had to run sudo update-alternatives --config iptables to get Docker to start. The reason for this is not immediately clear to me yet based on our current config, but I’m sure @dillthedog will be able to advise me, as he’s dealt with that before.

Cheers

Sam

1 Like

Hello everyone. Since yesterday the Vero 4K + is only restarted all the time, the sad face comes out again and again. I hadn’t used it for about a week and it worked well, I haven’t touched anything or updated anything. The kernel is 4.9. Does anyone know what can happen?

Well sharing debug logs would be the minimal step for anyone to comment anything.

how do i do it? I do not know how to do it

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Impossible, I can’t access. It restarts again and again and again, it is impossible to access neither the home screen nor anything. It does not stop restarting.

Can you connect via ssh?

From Putty with the command line, no.

From Putty i can access.

Then:

I can´t access to My OSMC, don´t work.

No Need to access MyOSMC. Just run the command when you login via SSH.

2 Likes

https://paste.osmc.tv/ofakakaxac

You have an OOM
Feb 19 12:24:13 osmc kernel: Out of memory: Kill process 2790 (kodi.bin) score 655 or sacrifice child
And last entry in Kodi Logs is Google Drive Addon
2021-02-19 13:04:50.263 T:3547312352 DEBUG: [plugin.googledrive][service-export--747654944]:

Maybe try to reset your Kodi config to see if it starts again.

Let’s test with Kodi default settings. Enter the following commands with an SSH connection.

systemctl stop mediacenter
mv ~/.kodi ~/kodi.bak
systemctl start mediacenter

If needed you can restore:

systemctl stop mediacenter
mv ~/.kodi ~/kodi.bk2
mv ~/kodi.bak ~/.kodi
systemctl start mediacenter

If your original setup was restored as expected and you want get rid of the unneeded clean install you can delete that with the following command.

rm -r ~/kodi.bk2