[TESTING] Video sample uploader and MediaInfo for OSMC users

Overview

When diagnosing playback issues, we often benefit from finding out more information about the file you are playing and sometimes even obtaining a sample of this file helps further, as it allows us to verify problems locally.

To facilitate this, we’ve developed a video sample page which allows users to generate useful media information about the file. If you’ve got a My OSMC account, you’ll also be able to upload video samples of up to 5GB which OSMC developers will then be able to access.

Frequently asked questions

• How do I use this service? – when starting a thread to report a playback problem, we recommend providing the media information from the web page. We may then request a video sample from you so that we can reproduce this issue at our end. We kindly request that you don’t upload a video sample until we have requested that you do so.
  • I’ve uploaded a file, but can’t see it or download it anywhere – this is expected behaviour. To prevent piracy and accidentally becoming a file locker, downloads are only available for OSMC developers. In the near future, we will make it possible to view a list of files, so that you can confirm files have been uploaded successfully. We’ll also make it possible to delete uploaded files and view your quota.
  • I’m not able to upload a file – please make sure that you’re logged in to your My OSMC account. You can do this by clicking the ‘My OSMC’ button on the top of this page.
  • I’ve experienced a problem that isn’t listed here – please describe the problem in detail on this thread so that we can investigate. Keep in mind that this is still in beta, so some things may not fully work as expected yet.

We’re looking forward to your feedback

Cheers

Sam

1 Like