[Testing] X11(simple desktop) + Chromium(web browser) in a simple installer for Stretch

Hi @MichaelP

Will look for that link, but I haven’t had the time i wished for. The mrs is in week 36, and the 23rd it’s decide if she will go full term even, blood pressure issues. So I’ve had to step up abit more then usual with the other kids and households stuff.

I hope to have time to do a few OSMC related stuff soon, the list is getting a bit more then I wish it was =), but only time will tell when i get an actual chance.

Hi, I tried this out and everything went fine. But the addon doesn’t get enabled. It stays disabled.
Is there a log somewhere?

From the installer nope, but I just had a look at the installer again. I know i had code for enabled the addon, but it was experimental and had to be changed every kodi version since the addon-db file gets renamed.

enabled the addon, by script if Kodi is running while script is running in shell.

Does it mean - it’s running again? Can’t wait to try it :slight_smile:

If you download the script again, remember to delete the old install script first, an run it. The addon should be enabled in Kodi, when install is complete.

If there is issues with blackscreen, try read the whole thread.(alter sleep commands)

If you got a login screen before Kodi starts, here is a solution:

sudo systemctl stop lightdm
sudo systemctl disable lightdm

Tried this, but the add-on still is not enabled and when trying to enable, now there is a message that the kodi version is wrong.
My kodi says it is 18.9
This is the vero4k.

I am running your script via ssh, is this a problem? Dunno how to get a native console…

yeah sorry, while fixing the enabling issue, i did the conversion till kodi 19. Since that’s the future,

If you want it for version 18, i can try to look at reversing those fixes for you and pm you a link to a v.18 of the addon.

I’m fine with this as long as kodi 19 reaches my vero box sooner or later. Do you know if and when this may happen?

When Sam is satisfied that it holds his expected standard, I know he mention that Kodi had to release a v.19.subversion increase before he considered doing an OSMC release based on Kodi v.19.

this sounds good! :+1:

Mmhhh… I’m still on 18.9 because running on a RasPi3B+. Guess, I shouldn’t try your script while it will fail for sure, right? I’ll have a look into the script later on…

Yeah since I’ve made a few changes in the launcher it won’t work on pre 19. Enable the addon from script before 19 meant some DB tweaking, which wasn’t bulletproof.

Maybe you could give me some hints regarding ‘DB tweaking’ :wink:

Before Monday i hope to have time to get back to you via pm, with working 18.9 addon.

:slight_smile: Sounds perfect! By the way, hope all your family is well!

Here is the wget for leia version, not tested. Hope it works

wget https://github.com/zjoasan/x11-osmc/raw/Leia/install_x11.sh

The box doesn’t have the [[ command?

osmc@vero7even:~$ sh ./install_x11.sh 
./install_x11.sh: 3: ./install_x11.sh: [[: not found
./install_x11.sh: 5: ./install_x11.sh: [[: not found
Can't identify osmc box

ok will look into directly, must be a typ0

Try again, if you got time. Thank you, couldn’t test since I don’t have a matrix installation left.

Hopefully removed the annoying keyboard/language question during the install