The jackets are pixelated over time

same issue :frowning:

Maybe network issue?
Does `paste-log .kodi/temp/kodi.log work?

no, it’s good, I haven’t reboot twice… just one and i d’ont know why i need two reboot but i have log now :wink:

https://paste.osmc.tv/kejesiyano

Tks for your help :wink:

Two reboots are to reduce the size of the log when we don’t need information from the previous kodi session. Your video settings look correct.

Is this something your using?
ADDON: script.artworkorganizer v6.0.0 installed

You are running low on internal storage. What is the output of…
du -sh .kodi/userdata/Thumbnails

I think the best course here is to remove all the artwork that you have exported, manually delete the cache, and then let Kodi pull in a fresh copy from online sources. Any exporting you choose to do I would recommend doing as NFO files only. If you want to increase the size of the images you want to put that in your advancedsettings before deleting your current cache.

I have desactivate “script artworkorganizer” but I don’t remember install this add-on, may be an old app or an app install by an other add-on, i d’on’t remember…

**osmc@OSMC-Seb** : **~** $ du -sh .kodi/userdata/Thumbnails
2,4G .kodi/userdata/Thumbnails

I think the best course here is to remove all the artwork that you have exported, manually delete the cache, and then let Kodi pull in a fresh copy from online sources. Any exporting you choose to do I would recommend doing as NFO files only. If you want to increase the size of the images you want to put that in your advancedsettings before deleting your current cache.
Could you give me the process ?

• remove all folders in .kodi/userdata/Thumbnails
  • remove all files except videos in my synology floder
  • removre all folders in /home/osmc/.cache (just contain one folder “bluray”
    it’s good ?

As you only have around 500MB free on your internal storage I think you need to start by figuring out what it taking that room, and do what you must to free up some free space. As your Thumbnail folder for your master user looks to be an appropriate size you will have to do some digging around yourself to find where the space is being used. You can use that command on other folders just replacing the file path such as du -sh ~/.kodi (this would be how much room all your userdata is using), or alternatively you can use the file manager in Kodi and just context menu>calculate usage on them.

The files I recommend removing from the NAS is only the artwork. I’m sure one of the Linux people here could give you a safe method of doing this via the terminal, but since i’m primarily a Windows user what I recommend is browsing the NAS to your media folders (in Windows) and search for *.jpg and once the search result finish populating ctrl-a to select everything, right click on a file, and select delete.

To manually remove your cache…

systemctl stop mediacenter
rm -r ~/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails
rm ~/.kodi/userdata/Database/Textures13.db
systemctl start mediacenter

Note that this only applies to the master user. If you are using profiles then they have to be taken care of seperately.

1 Like

it was old Backups

**osmc@OSMC-Seb** : **~** $ du -sk * | sort -rn
2683916 Backups
4 TV Shows
4 Pictures
4 Music
4 Movies

**osmc@OSMC-Seb** : **~** $ cd Backups/

**osmc@OSMC-Seb** : **~/Backups** $ du -sk * | sort -rn
2399128 OSMCBACKUP_2019_08_30_13_07_33.tar.gz
284784 OSMCBACKUP_2019_09_14_17_03_36.tar.gz

I have remove these archives

If i do that
systemctl stop mediacenter
rm -r ~/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails
rm ~/.kodi/userdata/Database/Textures13.db
systemctl start mediacenter

I’ll lost my “see” and “not see” films ?

You mean your watched status? No. The Thumbnails folder contains all your cached artwork that you said has the artifacts so we want to remove those to force them to be recreated. The Textures13.db only stores information about the cached artwork location. All the information about your Library outside of the cache isn’t even being stored on that machine as your using a external database.

On my two Vero, i have these files

osmc@OSMC-Seb:~/.kodi/userdata/Database$ ls -al
total 70520
drwxr-xr-x  3 osmc osmc     4096 janv.  9 00:04 .
drwxr-xr-x 10 osmc osmc     4096 janv.  9 02:50 ..
-rw-r--r--  1 osmc osmc  1441792 janv.  9 00:04 Addons27.db
-rw-r--r--  1 osmc osmc    28672 sept.  8  2018 ADSP0.db
drwxr-xr-x  2 osmc osmc     4096 sept.  8  2018 CDDB
-rw-r--r--  1 osmc osmc    28672 sept.  8  2018 Epg11.db
-rw-r--r--  1 osmc osmc    28672 avril 22  2019 Epg12.db
-rw-r--r--  1 osmc osmc   196608 sept.  8  2018 MyMusic60.db
-rw-r--r--  1 osmc osmc   217088 avril 22  2019 MyMusic72.db
-rw-r--r--  1 osmc osmc   376832 sept.  8  2018 MyVideos107.db
-rw-r--r--  1 osmc osmc 50962432 avril 24  2019 MyVideos116.db
-rw-r--r--  1 osmc osmc 18780160 janv.  7 18:52 Textures13.db
-rw-r--r--  1 osmc osmc    32768 sept.  8  2018 TV29.db
-rw-r--r--  1 osmc osmc    40960 avril 22  2019 TV32.db
-rw-r--r--  1 osmc osmc    49152 janv.  2 21:41 ViewModes6.db

osmc@OSMC-Chambre:~/.kodi/userdata/Database$ ls -al
total 65452
drwxr-xr-x  3 osmc osmc     4096 janv.  9 14:46 .
drwxr-xr-x 10 osmc osmc     4096 janv.  9 01:20 ..
-rw-r--r--  1 osmc osmc  1445888 janv.  9 14:46 Addons27.db
-rw-r--r--  1 osmc osmc    28672 sept.  8  2018 ADSP0.db
drwxr-xr-x  2 osmc osmc     4096 sept.  8  2018 CDDB
-rw-r--r--  1 osmc osmc    28672 sept.  8  2018 Epg11.db
-rw-r--r--  1 osmc osmc    28672 avril 22  2019 Epg12.db
-rw-r--r--  1 osmc osmc   196608 sept.  8  2018 MyMusic60.db
-rw-r--r--  1 osmc osmc   217088 avril 22  2019 MyMusic72.db
-rw-r--r--  1 osmc osmc   376832 sept.  8  2018 MyVideos107.db
-rw-r--r--  1 osmc osmc 50962432 déc.  27 16:01 MyVideos116.db
-rw-r--r--  1 osmc osmc 13631488 janv.  8 14:46 Textures13.db
-rw-r--r--  1 osmc osmc    32768 sept.  8  2018 TV29.db
-rw-r--r--  1 osmc osmc    40960 avril 22  2019 TV32.db
-rw-r--r--  1 osmc osmc    20480 oct.  29 19:17 ViewModes6.db

I can remove old database like Epg11.db, MyMusic60.db, MyVideos107.db and TV29.db ?

You can delete any MyVideos*.db and MyMusic*.db if you want as your using a MySQL for those two databases, but any other databases are what your actively using.

i use MYSQL since a long time for my two Vero

so…

Nas1 : /volume1/Videos $ find /volume1/Videos -name “.jpg" -delete
Nas1 : /volume1/Videos $ find /volume1/Videos -name "
.jpg”
Nas1 : /volume1/Videos $

Vero 4K-1 : ~ $ systemctl stop mediacenter
Vero 4K-1 : ~ $ rm -r ~/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails
Vero 4K-1 : ~ $ rm ~/.kodi/userdata/Database/Textures13.db
Vero 4K-1 : ~ $ systemctl start mediacenter

Nas1 : /volume1/Videos $ find /volume1/Videos -name “.jpg" -delete
Nas1 : /volume1/Videos $ find /volume1/Videos -name "
.jpg”
Nas1 : /volume1/Videos $

Vero 4K-2 : ~ $ systemctl stop mediacenter
Vero 4K-2 : ~ $ rm -r ~/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails
Vero 4K-2 : ~ $ rm ~/.kodi/userdata/Database/Textures13.db
Vero 4K-2 : ~ $ systemctl start mediacenter

and now i’m waiting the update of the pictures… I haven’t lost my watched status :wink: :smiley:

On peut forcer la mise à jour des jaquettes ?

I’d prefer if we could stick with English.

If you want to prepopulate the artwork you would need to use the Texture Cache Maintenance Utility. It is a bit of effort though as it is terminal only, need to have your web server working, need to download it, need to make a config file… and if you can’t work it out on your own ask for help on the Kodi forum as I don’t know it well enough to want to go there.

Unless you have very slow internet they should load on demand quite fast. If they are not automatically loading that probably means your art was set to local, and you will need to refresh your sources to bring back online links to the art.

One night and i have a lot of shows and films without cover and i’m not in local…

How refresh my source ?

If the art does not automatically populate when the cache is deleted it is almost always either

A) The database entry is pointing to local file information (as opposed to an online source)

B) The database is pointing to an online source that is no longer valid (more an issue with old libraries and TheTVDB)

C) You are scraping using NFO files that do not have current proper data contained in them.

Their are various ways to deal with this. You could on a case by case basis bring up information screens for problematic movies and series titles, and hit the refresh button and tell it to ignore local information. You could also install and setup something like Trakt to sync your watched status, then just start over with a brand new library, and then sync your watched status back with Trakt. The method that is probably the least time consuming would be to go to your sources in the Video section, context menu on each one, change content, set media type to “none” and DO NOT remove from library when asked after you apply those changes. If you remove from library you will lose watched status. You would then go back into set content and set your scraper settings once again. Once you apply these settings it will ask if you want to refresh information and you will say yes to that, and you will ignore local and refresh from the internet when asked. This process may create a few duplicate entries so once your done do a library clean to remove the duplicates.

A) The database entry is pointing to local file information (as opposed to an online source)
→ No, I have always use online information

B) The database is pointing to an online source that is no longer valid (more an issue with old libraries and TheTVDB)
→ I use tvdb for scrapped my films and series and i know tvbd use a V3 version since november, may be some files use again V2 but i don’t know how check that

C) You are scraping using NFO files that do not have current proper data contained in them.
→ When i have clean thumbails and Nas folders, i have only delete jpg files, i should deleted nfo files in same time ?

You would have to actually read the NFO file to see what artwork they are pointing to. If they are missing online links to the art, or are pointing directly to local art then there is going to be issues. If you go to the information screen for a TV series that is missing artwork (the show, not an episode) and hit refresh it tells you there is local information. If you tell it to scan all files and ignore local and refresh from the internet does it not bring up all missing artwork?

Tks for your help :wink:

i have extract 2 nfo files, one without the cover and the same after an manual update on this serie

Before update

After update

in the first file, the tvdb url is https://www.thetvdb.com, so no local information file but in the second, the url change for https://artworks.thetvdb.com, it’s strange…

I don’t know how scan all files :frowning:

read my previous posts again as I gave you more than one option on how to accomplish this.

Actually that is exactly what that is. There is no links to online thumbnail or poster art which makes Kodi look for local files. Sorry I may have been a bit unclear on exactly how that worked.