The Movie DB isn't working for me :-(

I am newly installing OSMC on a Raspberry pi3. I already have a vero 4K (which I love and is working fine). The pi is not scanning movies correctly and therefore does not add “Movies” to the main menu. I downloaded the “Universal Movie Scrper” add-on, and it finds some of the moviews and indeed adds the “Movies” tab to the main screen, but it finds so few, it is not usable.

Here is a link to my debug log: https://paste.osmc.tv/ogoqujocok

Music Videos and Music all work correctly. All my content is on a USB drive attached to the pi.

I have exhausted things to try given my scanning of the forums, so I am reaching out to this forum for some help. Any ideas how I can get The Movie Database working correctly (like it does on my vero 4K)?

Cheers and thanks,

Maddox

22:24:54.332 T:1937765360   DEBUG: GetMovieId (/media/Kodi4TB Backup/Movies/Black Stallion (1979)/title00.mkv), query = select idMovie from movie where idFile=266
22:24:54.333 T:1937765360   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for '/media/Kodi4TB Backup/Movies/Black Stallion (1979)/title00.mkv'
22:24:54.347 T:1937765360   DEBUG: FindMovie: Searching for 'title00' using The Movie Database scraper (path: '/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/metadata.themoviedb.org', content: 'movies', version: '3.9.5')

Your movie files are not named correctly, so they will not scrape properly.

EDIT: Do you have the ‘Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title’ option set on the Movie source?

1 Like

Verify also that you are up to date with your scrappers. Kodi has some issues with The MovieDB.
I know that @sam watch the patchs in the Kodi github.
Michael

Indeed. Try checking for add-on updates.

I did update The Movie DB add-on as part of my journey to get a functioning system, but same result. The log posted was with the update.

I do not have the ‘Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title’ option set. Should I?

Thanks for the ideas.

For separates folders do it,
it’s later more easy for thumnails, fanart etc files

but also check after your Kodi Settings, to be conform with your choices

1 Like

Well as it seems that you have your movies in seperate folders that match the movie title compared to the file name matching the movie title you would have to choose that option.

That did the trick. Thanks so much for the help!