Touchscreen issues for Raspberry pi

Raspberry Pi 2 B running OSMC (Kodi)
Hi

I am new to this site, and to the Raspberry Pi. So please be gentle and explain things as if you are speaking to a lobotomised dung beetle. I have a Raspberry Pi 2, and have bought a new mini touch screen. The touch screen has 26 pins but I was told I could use it on my model. However when I put the screen into the GPIO header it lights up, but is blank. Thank you for your help in advance.

I don’t think that we can be much of a help here. First which touchsreen model is it? The original from the Raspberry Foundation or a different one? First I think you would need clear information from the manufacturer how to connect it and which drivers are required.

Hi it is a 4 inch RPi LCD WaveShare SpotPear, how would I go about installing the Drivers if that is what I need to do. Thank you so much. Regards Nick

Maybe you find some ideas here hardware - How to install Waveshare SpotPear 4 inch LCD in RaspberryPI 2? - Raspberry Pi Stack Exchange
But definitely it is not straight forward

That is a brilliant guide Thank you so much, the only thing that worries me is if I change it from HDMI to the GPIO header will I have to do it each time I want to use the HDMI port on my main TV? Or will it just recognise it from then on. Thank you for all your help. Regards Nick