Transmission can't find HDD/files on boot

Just got OSMC installed yesterday on my Pi 1. I have Transmission installed and working well. However, I have it initialized to run on boot, and it can’t verify the data on my USB external HDD (formatted ext4).

This worked ok when I was on Raspbian Wheezy, but it doesn’t work now for some reason. I’ve added it to boot with: sudo update-rc.d transmission-daemon defaults

Here’s the error in Transmission:

No data found! Ensure your drives are connected or use "Set Location". To re-download, remove the torrent and re-add it.

The drive is connected and accessible on boot. I have to currently click on the Torrent and tell it to “resume now” and it kicks on. However that’s pretty annoying so hoping to fix it.

Are you sure the drive is mounted when transmission starts?..

how do you mount the USB drive, and from where?

try to restart transmission, and see if it pike up the files then.

-H

It sounds like you have installed transmission yourself rather than installing the OSMC app store version of Transmission ?

The App store version adds a 10 second startup delay to the service to make sure that any automounted drives are mounted before starting transmission.

1 Like

@DBMandrake you would be correct! I guess I was just used to doing it the Raspbian way. I’ll give this a shot. Thank you!