Transmission could not connect to search site, and library scraping issues

Hello! I recently purchased the Raspberry Pi 3, and installed OSMC. I love how the OS works, and for the most part it works perfectly fine, save for two things (in my case).

1. Transmission search sources: When I first loaded up the Transmission add-on, I noticed that a couple of my fav sources weren’t included - so I went hunting. I came across the Transmission XBMC Repo. I copied across the resource folder into the script.transmission add-on folder, and the sources showed up fine. However, the repo itself had some out of date URIs, so I’ve made a pull request to remedy that. The weird thing is, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. When it doesn’t work, I get the dreaded could not connect to search site message. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. Secondly, scraping any movies or TV shows does not work. I’ve set up my TV shows and Movies to reflect the expected formats and folder structures as shown here. Is there a way to test that the scraping function works at all? Would I find more clues in the logs?

1 Like