Trouble Adding Music to Library from USB Stick

Hi, completely new here. I searched the forum for the answer to my question but didn’t find anything that helped me. So, running OSMC on a Raspberry Pi 3 using the official OSMC skin I find that whenever I select “Music” from the main menu it takes me to Playlists, Files, Music add-ons. From there I select “Files” which shows my USB drive and “Add music.” I can select the USB drive and find all my music on it, but I don’t see a way to add it to the library so that I don’t have to take several steps to get my music.

If I select “Add music…” and select “Browse” it takes me to a screen that doesn’t show my USB drive.

I’m stumped. I’m sure it’s something simple, but I didn’t find an answer in the Wiki or here on the forum.

Thanks,

Jeff

1 Like

Music -> Files -> Add Music -> Browse -> Root Filesystem -> Media -> your usb drive -> Subfolder if music is not in the root of the drive
And then OK.

1 Like

fzinken,

Wow, that was fast! When I got to Media it didn’t show my USB drive. Instead there was a folder named 56E4-E622_, which contained all my music. I would never have found it without your help, so thank you very much! I added it to my Library and now all is right with the world.

Is what you showed me documented in the Wiki or elsewhere?

Thanks again,

Jeff

Well that is the label of your USB Stick that is using when automounting it. You can change that while formating or if you want manually via the command line.

1 Like

Excellent! Thanks again.