Trouble skipping around in 3d mvc movie

I have a bunch of 3d mvc movies. I actually rarely would try and skip through a movie, but for testing Vero V, I did. So, what happens is when skipping forward with the remote, say hitting OK then fast foward, the machine eventually completely locks up, non responsive, can’t even ssh in. Have to remove power. In this case, this is with staging osmc version which I loaded to get Pluto TV Pvr.

So, understand I enabled debug logging, then rebooted twice, then did various skip forward and back commands and then fast forward, and it locked up. Hopefully debug logging written to disk as I had to remove power and boot back up to upload logs. The link I got was paste.osmc.tv/cudoniruge

This happens virtually (but not always) every time I use fast forward. Mediainfo:

https://paste.osmc.tv/osaniruhim.mel

I should point out I am playing the 3D movies via Emby for Kodi Nextgen if that makes any difference. They do play fine without skipping around in the movie.

1 Like

Hi

You might find this with ISOs because of the nature of how the container is structured; although some improvements to libbluray that we have in the staging repository might mitigate this somewhat.

Do you experience this with MKV?

It would also be good to know if you experience this with local playback

Sam

This is 3d mvc mkv created with makemkv from bluray and with staging repo version. My main use of the Vero V is probably not the same as anyone else, it’s to play 3d mvc mkv content. I will try locally playing it tonight. Actually, I can’t play locally as the internal storage isn’t big enough but I can play via nfs share.

Ok, so, tested using nfs share, same result, locks entire machine up and I have to unplug and plug back in.

Hopefully it can be fixed.

Can you play from a locally connected USB drive or SD card?

Don’t have any of those devices.

My guess is it’s a Kodi bug. I downloaded the Kodi remote from IOS app store and scrubbing on the timeline works every time, no lockups. Scrubbing is actually better anyway than fast forward/rewind.

Nevertheless curious as to what log files showed.

your log file doesn’t exist, just click on the link and you’ll get a document not found reply.

I click on it and it comes up fine, very strange.

weird, I get the mediainfo but not the logfile.

Ah, there’s 2 links. I see the top one now. Unfortunately no idea how to recover that link, is there a way from Vero to get it back?

If not, will have to wait a month, leaving the country. While I can converse, no way to get logs really unless they are stored somewhere and ssh can retrieve them from that time.

I guess that’s the downside of using my osmc method, didn’t see a way to copy and paste the link, must have made a typo.

I’m not sure … @sam_nazarko, are the logs still stored on the Vero after the link was provided?

There might still be a Kodi.old.log but generally no.

Just popping in to say I have been experiencing the same exact behavior. Fully locks up when seeking or FF’ing around in 3Ds. Happens with ISOs and mkvs. Requires unplug to restart.

1 Like

We have some MVC improvements that might improve stability if you’d like to test them. We will make them part of the next available update, but you can test them now.

I’d be happy to help test!

Hey, any instructions you can link me to for this?

To test this update:

1. Login via the command line
  2. Run the following command to add the staging repository:
    echo 'deb http://apt.osmc.tv bullseye-devel main' | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/osmc-devel.list
  3. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  4. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you remove /etc/apt/sources.list.d/osmc-devel.list after updating.

This will deactivate the staging repository. You can do so with the following command:
sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/osmc-devel.list.

Please note that we will automatically disable this update channel after 14 days on your device in case you forget to do so to ensure that your system reverts to the stable update channel.

1 Like

Thank you!

@sam_nazarko I fiddled around with the beta and I haven’t experienced this issue since. Jumping around and seeking in 3D MVC is seamless! Performance seems parity with 2D. Also idk if this is just placebo but exiting from 3D MVC playback back to Kodi interface seems faster now too.

Glad to hear this!