I have been watching shows straight from retail discs lately using a USB Blu-Ray drive and find that udisks seems to have trouble more often then not when I put a new disc in. Occasionally it just works and everything mounts correctly.
But usually the play disc and eject buttons (Aeon Nox skin) which only show up when a disc is inserted do show but nothing plays because nothing is actually mounted. I find when this happens I can’t even use the eject button on screen. Also SSH’ing in and running “eject -T” gives a I/O error.
The only two fixes I found is a reboot, or I can manually mount the drive with “sudo mount /dev/sr0 /mnt” which then it works and I can watch the show. When I umount it it even ejects it then “eject -T” starts working again to close the drive.
Here is some output from journalctl of me swapping a retail Bluray disc and not having the next one work correctly. You will notice it does know the disc is in and even reads the right volume label.
Sep 08 17:00:27 mainmc udisks-glue: Device file /dev/sr0 unmounted from /media/HEROES_S1_D4_NA
Sep 08 17:00:32 mainmc udisks-glue: Device file /dev/sr0 removed
Sep 08 17:01:14 mainmc udisks-glue: Device file /dev/sr0 inserted
Sep 08 17:01:14 mainmc udisks-glue: Trying to automount /dev/sr0…
Sep 08 17:01:14 mainmc udisks-glue: Failed to automount /dev/sr0: Error mounting: mount: /dev/sr0 is already mounted or /media/HEROES_S1D5 busy
This is a Raspberry Pi 2 with a external LG Bluray drive. I haven’t included any Kodi debug log since this is a OS problem with mounting not a Kodi watching problem since libaacs is working fine for decrypting as soon as it does mount.