Trouble with 3D Playback

So, running Vero V, 2023.08-1, updated today for latest stuff. I have some 3d top and bottom videos. The playback setting for 3d is set to “ask me”. So, I try and play one. I click on the movie and it brings up the “select playback mode” screen, and, I decide I clicked the wrong movie so select cancel. It doesn’t cancel, it starts the movie but in a paused state. Hitting the return button on the remote doesn’t go back either, it stays on the screen. You actually can’t get out of the playback selection, even home stays on the screen. You have to start the movie. This is problem 1.

Problem 2 is I get garbage on the screen for top and bottom to my Epson projector. See image. That being said, all 3d mvc movies seem to play fine, it’s just the top and bottom formats that do not. Note that I can play the movies in vlc, emby, etc and they play like top and bottom and switching the projector to top and bottom mode then shows them in 3d just fine. But this doesn’t work here.

Can you please upload some logs and MediaInfo output of the file you are playing?

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

1 Like

Again, this is a Vero V I just got and updated to current software. there are no peripherals attached. Happens on every top and bottom 3d movie I have which were all created by bd3d2mk3d utility. They all play on all other clients I have including Emby.

Logs uploaded. https://paste.osmc.tv/bexehexepi

Mediainfo is at https://paste.osmc.tv/icipixegew.coffee

As noted, I just play the movie after selecting the 3d type, I’ve tried all types.

Should I move this to github? Unclear.

Thanks for your patience – it’s been a busy few days.

I think the best next step would be to provide a small sample so that we can try and reproduce the issue here.

A 1 minute sample of 3D top and bottom movie that does what is shown in this thread:

Thanks. We can check this soon.