TV auto-switches to OSMC when turned on

Thanks. Does the CEC log I just posted above essentially give the same information, or is there value in me doing the whole process again using the log tool?

I assume that turning on CEC component logging just gets the same kind of log I posted above, but I’m happy to do the whole thing if it will give more info.

Not sure, will have to wait for Sam to comment later. But I guess when you have time it would not harm to create that log.

I seem to have exactly the same problem since updating, also with an LG tv. I also tried playing with the CEC settings but that did not make any difference.

So this appears to be an LG specific problem.

Sounds like there are now at least three of us with LG TVs and this same issue…

I’m not sure whether it adds anything beyond what I’ve already provided, but here is a complete debug log including component specific logging for libCEC:

http://paste.osmc.io/iqeqociwot

This log captures the following things happening:

1. Reboot Pi while TV is turned on and RPi HDMI input is selected
  2. Once Pi is up and stabilised, switch TV input to broadcast TV
  3. Switch TV to standby using TV remote
  4. Bring TV out of standby using TV remote
  5. Wait for TV to auto-switch to Pi HDMI input (this is the step that shouldn’t be happening)
  6. Wait for a few more seconds
  7. Turn off debug logging and upload the logs

I can only assume that the RPi is sending an ‘input switch’ command to the TV when it shouldn’t be, or that the LG is incorrectly interpreting something that the Pi is broadcasting as an input switch command.

I’m about to update my Pi to 2017.02-2, but this issue definitely started between 2017.01-1 and 2017.02-1 (i.e. the Krypton update).

While we wait for (hopefully) a solution or permanent workaround to this issue, is there any way to roll back to the version of libcec that was included in OSMC version 2017.01-1?

No. It won’t work with Kodi Krypton. Reverting things isn’t a real solution and prevents things from getting resolved properly.

@mcobit reported this issue and I sent him a test build of libCEC last night. He isn’t able to test it yet so I’ve put the build here. I was a bit reluctant to do this as prior to your posting we hadn’t seen any debug logs so far, so it would have been hard to see if there were any improvements or changes in behaviour. If this works then there’s another two builds I’d like to produce until I can narrow the issue to a specific commit

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y6weou58vh77win/rbp2-libcec-osmc.deb?dl=0

Thanks Sam, I appreciate you looking into this.

I’m happy to test what you’ve provided, would you mind giving me a quick pointer to how I should install the .deb package?

Installed package manually using sudo dpkg -i, then rebooted everything and tested it.

Unfortunately I still get the same behaviour - TV switches to OSMC input automatically 5 seconds after TV is switched on.

I can’t capture a new debug log just now, but I’ll do so later, and post it here.

Unfortunately this means the issue isn’t likely to be related to OSMC

I’d thus suggest collecting as much information as possible and reporting the issue on the libCEC GitHub issue tracker.

Thanks Sam. Not what I was hoping to hear but thanks for the steer anyway.

For the record, I’ve raised Issue #307 on the libCEC GitHub page.

Fingers crossed someone can assist over there, if not it’s back to Jarvis for me…

I’m still interested whether other users can update, perform a full power off of all devices (at the mains) and see if they still experience the issue. Judging from the report however I suspect it will be the same

Just in case I’m an idiot, sudo dpkg -i was the correct way to install your .deb package, correct? I didn’t run any other commands as the package appeared to install correctly.

Did the cec still lock up when pressing ok in cec settings?

Yes, CEC still locks up when pressing OK in CEC settings. No change in behaviour there either unfortunately.

Just wanted tot say, I’m having the same issue, though not on a LG TV, but with my Denon reciever.

Thanks for sharing, that’s interesting. Feel free to jump on the issue I created over at the libcec GitHub page - it sounds like that’s the path we need to go down to get this behaviour addressed.

I would also mention the lockup of cec when applying settings in your issue on github.

Also I can confirm this behaviour with a panasonic vierra tv, too.

http://paste.osmc.io/gayeyalupe.coffee

I’ve updated the issue with the other devices reported on.

I didn’t add the CEC lockup, I suspect that might need a new, separate issue created (I don’t have any logs capturing that).

Hi all. As far as my limited knowledge (and I believe I could be wrong) CEC might be port dependant on he TV. If you experience this issue try changing the HDMI port on the TV the Pi is connected to. Some HDMI ports are CEC defaulted.

Hi all,

I have the same issue, again with a LG tv. Complete with CEC lockup.