TV auto-switches to OSMC when turned on

Tried that, no change unfortunately.

I don’t know if my post to the libcec developers has gotten any attention, but it seems like this isn’t an isolated issue.

After my latest dist-upgrade on 2017-02-20 which included kodi 17.0.0-4 I get an unexpected behavior when turning my tv on.
The tv switches automatically to the pi’s hdmi port although this is turned off in the CEC Adapter settings.

Before that upgrade I manually switched to the hdmi port via tv’s input select menu (LG). This was exactly what I wanted as kodi is not my primary source of entertainment.

This behavior might be caused by libCEC 4.0.2.
When I turn off the CEC Adapter via Settings->System->Input->Devices, the tv does not switch to kodi when tv is turned on.
Unfortunately kodi can’t be controlled with the tv’s remote control anymore as CEC is deactivated.
Controlling kodi with yatse ore kore does work, so this is my actual workaround.

Any tips how I can get my tv control working without that annoying switch to the hdmi port?

I tried fresh osmc installations with images OSMC_TGT_rbp2_20161128.img.gz and OSMC_TGT_rbp2_20170210.img.gz and could reproduce it.

• 2016-11-28 - tv does not switch to hdmi port when tv is turned on
  • 2017-02-10 - tv automatically switches to hdmi port

My log files can be found under http://paste.osmc.io/keriputiru.vhdl

Thanks in advance!

There are cec issues and we are wotking on a solution at the moment.

FWIW, my (somewhat old) Panasonic works without problems. Choose HDMI input and the setting sticks through a TV standby-restart and through turn off-turn on. Choose TV input and it also sticks.

Add me to the list of people this happens to as well.

If I have CEC enabled no what option when I turn TV/Amp on it all looks good then after say about 5 seconds randomly switches to the Raspberry Pi/OSMC.

Samsung TV (2016) via a Yamaha Amp to Pi, with CEC on I can use the Samsung remote on OSMC it’s just the switch at TV start up that’s the issue.

I’ve just installed OSMC’s March update and unfortunately this issue is still present.

I’m also on this boat (to annoyance of my girlfriend). This issue also keeps my AVR awake, resulting in running it warmer than normal.
Until the libCEC package is updated, would it be possible to rollback the package back to the latest working version (3.1.0)?

Not really.

Kodi Krypton expects libCEC 4.x, which is why I updated the version of libCEC. Normally, when it comes to libCEC, it’s better to take the attitude of ‘if it ain’t broke’.

There were some issues with CEC in Raspberry Pi firmware, but they seem to be resolved now. It seems however there are still regressions in libCEC.

OK, so this is strange. The March update didn’t appear to fix the issue, it was still occurring all the time, and persisted through a full power down, plug out cycle.

Last night I was testing a Chromecast on my TV, in a different HDMI port. Now the Chromecast is gone.

And this issue is gone too.

When I turn my TV on now, it no longer switches to the Pi input automatically.

I haven’t changed anything in my setup (or even done a reboot).

This is really strange, I’m not sure what has happened. I’ll keep an eye on it. Could anyone else who had this issue before the March update confirm that it is still an issue after the March update?

Still happens to me.

Me too

Oh well, after a few days of it working properly, it’s now decided to revert back to the old (buggy) behaviour.

It never changed for me unfortunately.
Issue is still up at libcec git.

I may have found the culprit, it appears to be a change made to address issue #256 version 4.x. The symptom and the “fix” appears to match. @sam_nazarko, is it possible to have a build without the changes made for #256 above?

1 Like

If someone can supply an updated file or library I would be happy to see if it fixes the issue - I don’t have the expertise to build a test solution myself but I’m happy to test.

Hi. Just made some change in Peripherals and issue seems to got away.
Check following 2 settings are disabled.

• Send “Inactive source” command on shutdown
  • Wake devices in standby mode when activating the screensaver
    I mention both because i dont know which exactly I changed.
    I have an LG TV and issue occurred after installing new Kodi 17 version.
    I have a RPi OpenELEC 8 installation but should be the same settings.
    Let me know if it resolves the issue.

Both settings are already disabled, so this makes no change unfortunately.

See this thread, they’ve found the culprit!

Hi

Hopefully the issue is now addressed with the following commit:

I’d appreciate it if you could test this and provide feedback before we release this as an update to other users. To test this update:

1. Login via the command line
  2. Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list
  3. Add the following line: deb http://apt.osmc.tv jessie-devel main
  4. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  5. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you edit /etc/apt/sources.list again and remove the line that you added after updating. This will return you to the normal update channel.

It may take an hour for this update to sync.

1 Like

Thanks Sam. Will this update only the CEC package or will it update everything else that has changed since my last system update? If it’s the latter, is it possible for me to test the CEC update only in isolation? If not, that’s fine, I’ll test tonight regardless.