TV auto-switches to OSMC when turned on

Add the repository, and then run sudo apt-get install rbp1/rbp2/vero/vero2/vero3/i386/amd64-libcec-osmc and flip the repo back.

Sam

That appears to have fixed it!

Package rbp2-libcec-osmc version 4.0.2-4 no longer exhibits the auto-switch input behaviour when the TV is turned on.

I will continue to test over the next few days but itā€™s looking promising at this point.

Thanks a lot Sam and others who helped to diagnose the source of this issue.

Thank you for confirming.

Sam

I will test the update and report back later this week. Am I able to update to later ā€œnon developmentā€ releases with the update utility in Kodi?

I am going to release an update with this fix included shortly.

Sam

Thank you for the super fast response. Better to wait for the update then :slight_smile:

Yesterday I received a popup to update OSMC. Currently Iā€™m on the 2 may version. The issue ā€˜TV auto-switches to OSMC when turned onā€™ is solved! :+1:

However for me the issue that my AVR is kept awake, resulting in running it warmer than normal is still present. The AVR ā€œsensesā€ some activity over HDMI because the HDMI input light remains on.
I have to do some digging in the CEC settings to see if I can solve it somehow. Iā€™m also planning to crosscheck the behavior in Kodi v16.