TVDB v4 error after renaming folders

I was recently cleaning up my TV Shows folder on the remote drive I store my media on. I renamed the folder “Inside No.9” to “Inside No. 9” (all folders inside numbered “01”, “02” per series as before) as library updates were suddenly struggling to scrape the show properly using TheTVDB v4.

After cleaning the library, the show in its new location is now scanned properly into my library with no ghost entry that I can see, however when I update the library for other new media TheTVDB throws an error…

2023-10-27 09:57:48.891 T:12140   error <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'resources.lib.simple_requests.HTTPError'>
                                                   Error Contents: HTTPError: 404 for url: https://api4.thetvdb.com/v4/series/282162/extended
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "C:\Users\X\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\metadata.tvshows.thetvdb.com.v4.python\thetvdb.py", line 4, in <module>
                                                       actions.run()
                                                     File "C:\Users\X\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\metadata.tvshows.thetvdb.com.v4.python\resources\lib\actions.py", line 58, in run
                                                       get_artworks(urllib.parse.unquote_plus(
                                                     File "C:\Users\X\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\metadata.tvshows.thetvdb.com.v4.python\resources\lib\artwork.py", line 32, in get_artworks
                                                       show = tvdb_client.get_series_details_api(id, settings)
                                                     File "C:\Users\X\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\metadata.tvshows.thetvdb.com.v4.python\resources\lib\tvdb.py", line 437, in get_series_details_api
                                                       series = self.get_series_extended(id)
                                                     File "C:\Users\X\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\metadata.tvshows.thetvdb.com.v4.python\resources\lib\tvdb.py", line 326, in get_series_extended
                                                       return self.request.make_api_request(url)
                                                     File "C:\Users\X\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\metadata.tvshows.thetvdb.com.v4.python\resources\lib\tvdb.py", line 75, in make_api_request
                                                       response.raise_for_status()
                                                     File "C:\Users\X\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\metadata.tvshows.thetvdb.com.v4.python\resources\lib\simple_requests.py", line 132, in raise_for_status
                                                       raise HTTPError(self)
                                                   resources.lib.simple_requests.HTTPError: HTTPError: 404 for url: https://api4.thetvdb.com/v4/series/282162/extended
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

2023-10-27 09:58:12.224 T:13476 warning <general>: VIDEO::CVideoInfoScanner::Process directory 'nfs://192.168.0.30/mnt/HDD/Video/TV Shows/Inside No.9/01/' does not exist - skipping scan.
2023-10-27 09:58:12.239 T:13476 warning <general>: VIDEO::CVideoInfoScanner::Process directory 'nfs://192.168.0.30/mnt/HDD/Video/TV Shows/Inside No.9/06/' does not exist - skipping scan.
2023-10-27 09:58:12.252 T:13476    info <general>: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 512881 ms

NOTE - this log comes from my laptop install of Kodi with library shared via mysql but the issue exists on Vero and RPi installs of OSMC too

I’m unsure why the scraper is trying to look in the old location still, I’ve checked the HDD and only folder for the show is present.

Since the TVDB scraper is written and maintained by the TVDB folks and is an optional scraper, you’re probably better off getting support form here:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=368272

The TVDB folks monitor that thread.

Thanks for the info!

Inside No. 9 is 276840 and 282162 doesn’t exist for a TV series on TVDB so the 404 message would be expected. You likely could have fixed it without renaming the folder by highlighting the show in your library, bringing up fullscreen info, and then clicking refresh.

Kodi keeps track of scraping locations. You can safely ignore the message, run a clean video library, or manually edit your MySQL database to remove the path.

Thanks for the tip. Solved it by searching for the paths in MySQL and deleting redundant ones.

1 Like