TVHEADEND 3.9 config

OK updated to the RC from Sams link and installed the TVHEADEND 3.9 from the APF Store but I have no idea how to get this up and running with my UK DVB-T unit!
Had no problems with TVHEADEND 3.4. anyone got a link to a user guide / tutorial please.

I did notice that the OpenElec has a Config Tool Addon for KODI but I believe that is for x86

ok dont take this the wrong way guys, I know Sam is working extremely hard to get OSMC complete, but I have shifted to OPENELEC until OSMC is released, seems that TVHEADEND that installs with OSMC isnt complete or functional.

In OPENELEC the HTS Tvheadend 3.9.2496~gd386ed0 version installs and works

Hey!

If you wont build own deb packages.
ssh in to your osmc
run this commands

sudo apt-get update -y
sudo apt-get install build-essential pkg-config libssl-dev git debhelper libavahi-client-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev liburiparser-dev -y
sudo apt-get install libavahi-client-dev libavcodec-dev libavfilter-dev libavformat-dev libavutil-dev libswscale-dev libavcodec-extra-53 liburiparser1 liburiparser-dev debhelper libcurl4-gnutls-dev a52dec -y
mkdir -p /tmp/src
cd /tmp/src
git clone GitHub - tvheadend/tvheadend: Tvheadend is a TV streaming server for Linux supporting DVB-S, DVB-S2, DVB-C, DVB-T, ATSC, IPTV,SAT>IP and other formats through the unix pipe as input sources.
cd tvheadend*
AUTOBUILD_CONFIGURE_EXTRA=–disable-libav ./Autobuild.sh -t debian

deb package in folder /tmp/src/

bberski

wouldnt it be so much easier to have a working pkg that can be installed from within the KODI app??

TRIED THAT

E: Unable to locate package linux-kernel-devel
osmc@osmc:~/tvheadend$ AUTOBUILD_CONFIGURE_EXTRA=–disable-libav ./Autobuild.sh -t debian
dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot not found, either install the fakeroot
package, specify a command with the -r option, or run this as root

went back uninstalled the TVHEADEND and REINSTALLED

VERSION is HTS Tvheadend v3.9~osmc that is installed but cannot set the Network: for the DEVICE as there is nothing in the Drop Down List!

First uninstall osmc tvheadend.
sudo apt-get autoremove tvheadend*
then.
sudo apt-get install fakeroot -y
cd /tmp/src
git clone GitHub - tvheadend/tvheadend: Tvheadend is a TV streaming server for Linux supporting DVB-S, DVB-S2, DVB-C, DVB-T, ATSC, IPTV,SAT>IP and other formats through the unix pipe as input sources.
cd tvheadend*
AUTOBUILD_CONFIGURE_EXTRA=–disable-libav ./Autobuild.sh -t debian

bberski

Did you ever consider that this might be one of the features yet to be included in this Alpha build of the software?

Would you consider issuing a list of incomplete features useful to avoid any further future confusion?

In the interest of efficiency to get the next build together and ready for release, no, I’m not going to do that. The issue here is people acting as if they are entitled to have every function available and working without issue on an Alpha build as the text I quoted overtly seems to imply. Besides the fact that there are numerous other threads where users have taken an active role in resolving their initial issues with TVHE and even posted their methods, hell, even in this very thread!

There is little point in expending a lot of time or effort (which also slow’s down development) on an issue when a build that is expected to solve such issues is so near to being released. That’s not even to mention the time wasted for the EU’s who will only have to re-image the entire system to get to the next build.

TL:DR

Why are you bothering to fix something that will be torn down in a few days?

I was using the TEST RC not Alpha 4. Was trying to help and inform that the TVHEADEND OSMC is using is incomplete… its whats known as trying to help and give positive feedback!

CaNsA what are you wobbling on about!?!?!?

No RC has been released… You’re “TEST RC” has not been released because it’s incomplete and we are fully aware of it’s problems. Thanks but you’re putting the cart before the horse here…

Sorry ActionA, you obviously know where the software is at, Ill leave testing / adding plugins until after the official release.

I guess ActionA answered your question.

Which one is the right one?
-rw-r–r-- 1 osmc osmc 1230776 Mar 20 23:29 tvheadend-dbg_3.9.2525~g96898a6_armhf.deb
-rw-r–r-- 1 osmc osmc 1167 Mar 20 23:29 tvheadend_3.9.2525~g96898a6_armhf.changes
-rw-r–r-- 1 osmc osmc 3217444 Mar 20 23:29 tvheadend_3.9.2525~g96898a6_armhf.deb

thx, Peter

Edit: i tried the big one, seems to work.