Tvheadend channels missing

Hi everyone,

I’m having a new issue where Tvheadend is missing some OTA tv stations.

I use hdhomerun to get the signal to the vero4k and everything was working great until today. I have had the hdhomerun rescan for stations and sure enough, these stations are listed (even before the rescan). If I use the hdhomerun app on my vero4k, I can see the channels and can watch them. I have rebooted my vero4k and hdhomerun devices repeatedly to no avail.

If I use my browser to log into TVH, the missing channels are there. Recordings made from the missing channels happen and are viewable. I really don’t know what is going on.

Oh, the EPG is generated using zap2epg.

Hi, excuse my English but I still haven’t caught the point what’s your issue? Screenshots might help to make it more clear?

1 Like

Sorry if it was unclear. This is what is going on.

If I go into the live TV guide in Kodi on my Vero4k, I see this channel line up (this is only a small part of it):

Notice how the stations start at channel 4.1 and jump from 4.2 to 7.3

If I go into the Apps and choose the HDHomeRun TV guide (which I don’t like, that’s why I use TVH) I see this:

You can see the channels go from 4.2 to 5.1 to 7.1 and 7.2 which are not in the previous screenshot. They are being received and can be viewed without issue.

This is the TVHeadend backend when viewed from my computer:

The order is a little screwy, but you can see channel 5.1, 4.1 and various others that just aren’t there in the TVH live TV guide in Kodi.

As I said, it was working fine up to yesterday.

Also, there are various automatic timers that record these missing stations and they still work fine. TVH records them and they are watchable.

So, the question is, why does TVH backend show all the available stations, but the front end on the Vero4K show only some of them. Especially when it was working perfectly fine up to very recently.

I updated to the latest OSMC October 2019 update and am now experiencing this issue as well. What is interesting, is that it occurs within all my Kodi boxes (Windows and OSMC). Channels are simply missing. It would seem it is a Kodi issue more than an OSMC issue. I can provide logs but I don’t think they would help. Let me know. Did OSMC also update the TVH version along with the latest Kodi version?

Are you using the newest version of zap2epg (1.3.0) and have you looked for a solution to your problem there?

@darwindesign good point. I was using version 1.1.0 of zap2epg. Unfortunately, updating to v.1.3.0 didn’t help.

I’m attempting to get help from the author of zap2epg, but would gladly take further suggestions from here.

I’ll report back should I get it sorted.

I don’t necessarily think it is a problem with zap2epg. I am thinking it is a problem with Kodi itself or with the tvheadend frontend app in Kodi.

Well, could you also give details

• What skin you’re using?
  • What PVR client you’re using on kodi (look at settings->add-on browser->my add-ons->PVR clients and search for “enabled” ones. (I always use the “Tvheadend HTSP Client”)
  • In the shown EPG screenshot, is there a way that some display filter (like chosen channel group) prevents the display of these missing channels?
  • Is there any common properties among the missing channels like special characters in channel name, any special tags visible in TVH web GUI, etc.?
  • These channels are also missing in the “TV channels” menu under “PVR & Live TV” in the mediacenter GUI?

I have been in touch with zap2epg’s author and he was sure it was not an issue with his app. He did have a few suggestions and this is the one that worked for me:

In Kodi, go into Settings -> PVR Service -> General and choose “Clear data” (or cache, depending on your skin)

I did that and everything was fixed.

3 Likes