TVHeadend Few Issues

Hard to say from this alone, can you reproduce, then upload some logs?

Sam

yeah, let me know how to run the logs and where to download them and i`ll sort them tomorrow

Agreed, but there was probably already a partition table there since most storage comes pre-formated with NTFS on HDDs and exFAT on flash storage.

OTOH, ā€œmy X: driveā€, as used by Windows, would really apply, for once instead of the more technically correct ā€œMy X: partitionā€. :wink:

BTW, Iā€™m looking to move from 7MC in the next month for OTA recording just like the OP. Wrote a little script using wget and timeout to ā€œrecordā€ channels using start-time and duration already. Scheduled using ā€˜atā€™. With HDHR devices, ā€œrecordingā€ is exactly the same as downloading a file for a specific duration.

Have 6 HDHR network tuners (2 devices) which are extremely compatible with everything in North America. Unfortunately, the EPG data here is only for a few hours before showtime. To get anything longer requires $25/yr payments for schedule data. Tried to use TVHeadend a few years ago and found the configuration way, way, to complex. Think Iā€™ll create my own batch scheduling tool based on a text file that gets read 3x a day. It will probably be much like a crontab, just with a duration, channel and program title added. Need to think about keyword-based recordings a little more.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Hi Sam

https://paste.osmc.tv/duxucesaqi

I enabled the log, then shutdown, unplugged power from USB hub and vero4k, then put power back to both, the sony adapter works.

i then rebooted vero4k and the sony adapter wasnt there

then ive got the log file link

Okay, looks like a bug. Iā€™ll try and reproduce over the weekend.

cheer sam,

solution for now is wifi plug sockets so i can turn power off to both then turn them back on lol

Iā€™ll come up with a proper solution, donā€™t worry.

nice one,

Should the signal strength work?

I never get a issue with picture so dont believe its 0% lol

The 754mhz mux, i think is turned off on our transmitter, it does say they was starting changing something on it in 2020, but looking at the humax box on a different aerial that also doesnt fins the channels on that frequencey

The driver doesnā€™t pass the strength through currently. This can be safely ignored.

1 Like

Hi Sam,

Did you have any luck finding a solution?

So far whilst its up and running it works great much better then WMC

I would say there are allot more options but some take some working out due to the naming, and some times when you set up profiles you need to stop/start server for them to show where you select them in drop down menus

what would you set the recording stream to be? pass , mkv etcā€¦

just had a strange thing where i recorded a 2 hour program, skipped it to half way, but when i fast fwd it it went into rewind but kodi x32 showd as ffwd but count went donw, then noticed it would fast fwd from 1hr00mins to 1hr15mins then go down after that untill it was at 0:00

Sorry for getting back to you so late about this.
This should be fixed in the 4.9 kernel which is still in testing phase but is getting more in shape each week.

I would record files as MKV where possible. This will make sure that seeking works properly.

Sam

Hi Sam,

its ok you replied on a PM, but you said to use TS, its been fine since.

The only odd issue i get is when i try to play a recording first time of a day, it shows the circle loading then stops, if i try again straight away the OSMC usually freezes and needs to be rebooted, but if i wait 10 secs then try the recording opens straight away. Guessing it has some thing to do with HD going to sleep

thanks
Carl

It could be. In the network section of the My OSMC add-on do you have ā€œwait for networkā€ enabled?

yeah thats highlighted so is on

You might try settings>system>power saving>maximum wait time for network>(30 sec)

I donā€™t know if it will make a difference but itā€™s probably worth a shot.

this was set to OFF, so isnt that like untill it responds?

You can also try something like

<videolibrary>
                <playlisttimeout>60</playlisttimeout>
        </videolibrary>
        <musiclibrary>
                <playlisttimeout>60</playlisttimeout>
        </musiclibrary>

in your advancedsettings.xml.

(see https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#playlisttimeout) ā€¦ but no guarantee this helps with your issue since itā€™s only valid for items in the video and music libraries.

Off is the default setting. TBH iā€™m not sure which setting affects which particular function but the general idea being to increase the time Kodi waits for the file to become available. If you have a delay from a network drive slow to spin up or similar then your not going to get rid of that in Kodi but you may be able to increase the timeout so it plays the first time you tell it to.

I tried setting it to 30, but tbh it circles for 10 secs then stops, it might be because its loading from TVheadend and its not a actual KODI library?