TVHeadend not talking to PVR client

Yes, it happens on each start of the operating system!

Is it because of the ip version? v4 or v6?

As OSMC only supports v4 there should be no issue. As mentioned there is no indication in the logs why the HTTP process stops serving. After restart check these two:

1. sudo netstat -tlnp | grep tvhead
  2. sudo ps -aux | grep tvhead

tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:9981 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 623/tvheadend
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:9982 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 623/tvheadend

osmc 623 0.5 0.7 204628 5784 ? Ssl 14:37 0:00 /usr/bin/tvheadend -f -p /run/tvheadend.pid -C -u osmc -g video
osmc 766 0.0 0.0 2156 552 pts/0 S+ 14:40 0:00 grep tvhead

So now http access on 9981 should work

Yeah, now the log-in screen appears but each time I enter and submit the username and password I configure in the configuration section of the add-on I don’t get logged in but rather log-in screen just gets refreshed. I keep getting presented with extjs.html giving the option to either log-in or create a new user neither option works though.

Did you tried the default login osmc/osmc?
You could not change it via the addon! You would enter into the addon whatever you have configured via the TVHeadend web interface. So unless you changed it there it should be osmc/osmc

Just tried it and the default worked! Although, not sure why didn’t allow me to add a new user unless I need to add a new user to OSMC first?

No need to add a OSMC user (that authentication systems are separate). You should be able to add a user using tvheadend web interface. What happens if you try to add a user there?

It allows the creation of a new user!

So all working now as expected?
I assume you are still referring to the the Kodi addon when you are talking about “adding user”? The Kodi Addon is a plain tvheadend client it would not change any of the tvheadend configuration

Ah ok! Thanks for clearing that up.