I seem to have a lot of problems with tvheadend live tv recording.
- The recording schedule appears in the “Digital Video Recorder” tab of http://192.168.1.29:9981/ but it just does not record, i.e. no file was found in the recording directory even when the display says “now recording…”
- Sometimes the file is created but the file is very short and does not play.
- Sometimes the file seems to be the right size (a few GB) but does not play.
- When I do a “record series” some of the show just does not record, some does.
- The file type is inconsistent. It could be “unknown”, “Mpeg-2 Transport Stream” or “message catalog.” They all may play or they may not irrespective of the type.
I used to run Mythtv on a Gentoo system using a Sony Play TV and it was flawless. With kodi, however, I can never be sure if the recording is successful. The live TV works just fine.
I’m running 4.2.3-2-osmc and the tvheadend is 4.0.5 on a Raspberry Pi 2.
The recording directory is on a Synology NAS.
The tuners are two Sony Play TV, i.e a total of 4 tuners.
With so many problems I must be doing something wrong. Can Tvheadend record to a Synology NAS? I have noticed the connection delay sometimes causes the replay to fail until I click on the file a second time.