TVHeadend - Screen tearing

Hey All,

So I’ve spent this afternoon rebuilding a Pi3 with OSMC and TVHeadEnd. but when am home the home screen I get really bad tearing

20220424_190629

Any ideas on how I can fix this? I’m guessing it might be a setting on the theme or in OSMC?

root@osmc:/home/osmc# cat /etc/os-release
PRETTY_NAME=“Open Source Media Center”
NAME=“OSMC”
VERSION=“March 2022”
VERSION_ID=“2022.03-1”
ID=osmc
ID_LIKE=debian

Hardware : BCM2835
Revision : a020d3
Model : Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3

Thanks

Simon

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Logs are here

http://paste.kodi.tv/aseqefagug

have same issue on reboot as well. so can reproduce pretty easy :slight_smile:

Hi,

Unfortunately this isn’t a full log.

More details can be found here:

Thanks Tom.

Oh, how do I get it to capture a full log? Does it need to run for a certain length of time?

I followed the steps you posted

After the second reboot
Loaded tvheadend and started bbc one and the returned back to the home screen and then uploaded the logs

Hi,

The link provided would have been to OSMC’s pastbin and this would have provided full logs.

Thanks Tom.

1 Like

Does it work on another display?

I havent tried it. but it feels more OS related over the screen. as it’s like tearing through menus.

But I’ve got another screen I can try it on to confirm.