Tvheadend won't scan

Hi,
Just did a clean install of osmc on 32gb sdcard. Installed tvh from appstore. Set up tuner, network and muxes but tvh won’t scan, not even when i press “force scan”. Live tv still works fine on previous 8gb card so tuner and connections ok.
Anyone know of any issues with tvh currently?

Hi,

Not aware of any issues, debugging logs will probably help; details can be found here.

Thanks Tom.

Hi Tom,

Are drivers for the pctv triplestick (Si2168) built into the linux kernal or do I have to install them?

Hi,

Sorry not used osmc with pvr, and I’m not an osmc developer so I don’t know for sure; but I think its built into the kernel.

Thanks Tom.

Log file: eqituguluy

Don’t know if anything gets logged when running tvheadend configuration on web, but hopefully log files will help. I attempted to force scan the network. Nothing happened.

it should have provided a full url, I’m guessing it is http://paste.osmc.io/eqituguluy

Ok, its:
Https://paste.osmc.tv

Thanks

Just rebooted my working system and tried forcing a rescan. Worked perfectly. So there must be something in my clean install that’s stopping tvh from scanning but I’ve no idea what.
Any ideas would be very welcome.

Hi,

Can you please reenable debugging logs, try and force a scan and uploads logs again, as I can’t be sure I’m looking at the right logs.

the url will be something like http://paste.osmc.io/diosjdiwI. Essentially it will be like you’ve provided, followed by letters.

Thanks Tom.

Tom,
Sorry I gave you the log files in two parts. The full URL is:

Https://paste.osmc.tv/eqituguluy

Thanks

Hi,

I think you’ve missed a setting somewhere, when resetting up on the new 32 gig card, I don’t use tvh, so its just guess.

If its working on the 8g, you could try backing up your settings using myosmc and then restore the settings on the 32g sd card.

Thanks Tom.

Tom, tried that, no change.

The version of tvheadend on the appstore is 4.0.9. The latest version of tvh is 4.2.
Are there any plans to update the appstore version?

And this might seem strange after the last question, but what release of osmc should I install to get a previous version of tvh? I’ve got the current version scanning now but finding no channels. Thought I’d try an earlier version.

Hi,

I believe there are plans to update the store version.

Don’t know, what version of osmc is the 8gig card running?

Thanks Tom.

Did you get this working? If not, perhaps you could post logs from the 8G installation for comparison.

Didn’t get it working so I tried Libreelec. Installed tvheadend as addon. Latest version of tvh. Worked like a charm. Also cured a problem I had where tvh client would rarely connect to backend without a reboot or two. (This is not a complaint as I never reported that problem here.)
Osmc is a great piece of work but I don’t think live tv has ever been high up the priority list. This is fair enough but as I’m no longer interested in playing with the os, libreelec is maybe a better fit for me now.
I’m very grateful to Sam and the team for all their great work and wish them well in the future.

Shame. I got OSMC purely for ‘upgrading’ my old TV to HD and as a PVR and it’s worked flawlessly for me.

LiveTV is used by a lot of our users. It’s as important as anything else

We can only look in to problems we know about.

Let me know what issues you have and I’ll gladly get you help you get up and running.

Sam