UHD 24p broken in 1080 with Feb update

Please post a debug log; in @ac16161’s case, it is clear that Vero 4K is not getting an EDID which shows support for 4K video modes.

Sam

Thanks, that worked… problem solved (at least for me).

It should have been disabled by default…

Nothing else has changed, 24p playback was working for UHD files right up to the point I installed the new version of OSMC.

In case there is any confusion here, I have a 1080 hardware chain downstream of the Vero, but it’s fully 24p compatible.

The only I can think of is that Vero 4K has been turned off before your TV has been turned on.
Power both off at the mains; and turn TV on first, and then Vero 4K.

Then upload a log.

Weird though that disabling ‘Also allow resolution switch’, under Settings -> Player -> Video would prevent proper 2160p24 -> 1080p24 downscaling. Shouldn’t it work no matter what the setting is?

I have the same issue.
https://paste.osmc.tv/mezitilare

I rebooted with debug logging, then played a 1080p video, stopped and played a 4K video. My TV showed 24p for the 1080p, and 60p for the 4K. Both, of course played at 1080p, as that’s all my TV can handle.

Before the update, 4K movies played at 1080p24.

Also, “Match Resolution” is disabled.

Actually the settings with the resolution switch was disabled on default for me, proper playback worked after I enabled it.

And to add to the guy who had the problem in january, I also have a Yamaha AVR (RX-V679).

Curious that 4/24p only works when I enable the option that is supposed to be disabled? I never saw that resolution switch thingy before, was that added with the february update?

Yes, it’s new and the issues might be related to it… But only Sam can shed more light on that.

Yeah well, at least it works now that I enabled that option, even though it was meant to switch to lower resolutions than to higher. Personally, if that option is a universal option to switch resolutions, no matter if up or down, than it actually makes sense.

Yep - I just did a full power-down of the entire system, still no joy. Must surely be the OSMC update that has broken this.

I had the problem too.
“Also allow resolution switch” didn´t fix it.
What fixed it was a cold reboot of the Vero4K and all the other devices in the chain.
Might really be a handshake issue directly after the update.
Now it works fine again, but only when “Also allow resolution switch” is turned on, don´t know if thats on purpose.

Sam said it should normaly be turned off by default. It’s strange that the correct 4K 24p output is only working when the setting is turned on.
So, you’re using a UHD TV or also a 1080p TV where the downscaling of 4K 24p content didn’t work properly (only to 1080p60) after the update?

I´m using a UHD Sony from 2016 and a 4K Capable AVR.

Poor color and lack of brightness. I noticed the very same when i recieved my Vero 4K. Not sure what to do. I first thought color space was wrong or something but my skills/time sorting out is limited.

Ok… So, with “Also allow resolution switch” switched off neither downscaling UHD 24p content to 1080p24 is working correctly, nor is native resolution playback of UHD 24p content.

Was 4K 24p content played back as 2160p60 on your setup before your got it fixed or as 1080p60?

Isn’t this more related to another thread… This thread is only about wrong framerate playback of UHD 24p content. This one e.g. is about color space output:

Had time to test on my own equiment (1080p) now… Here I can’t get proper playback of 2160p24 material to work at all. No matter what the setting “Also allow resolution switch” is (on or off), 2160p24 is always downscaled to 1080p60. No 24p playback of UHD content possible. For me, UHD playback is completely broken when it comes to framerate.

I also tested @inspectah’s approach:

No luck here!

You need to post a full set of logs with debugging enabled then.
I think I’ll revert the downgrade resolution patch for now, as it seems to be causing too many issues.