Unable to access shares after 2016.04-1 update

Mounting remote network shares from fstab nearly always performs better than using Kodi’s built in SMB and NFS clients.

From reading this thread I can’t see a solution to sharing from a windows 10 machine. Will setting up a new user on w10 help? So like a Microsoft login and password?

Yes setting up a user with password and giving it access to the folder will solve you problem, only guest/passwordless access is impacted.

Hello, I don’t have a clue on how to configure the smb share automatically mounting over fstab. Could you point out the solution?

Tried it. Unfortunately it doesn’t work even with user/password.

Enable SMB specific logging in Kodi (I assume you are accessing from Kodi and not via fstab) try again and upload the log file.
Also check on windows the event manager for any info about errors

Sure, I added this to the fstab file… “ro” is for read-only, 192.168.1.1 is my Time-Capsule and “Stuff” the name of my share… I had to create the “Stuff” dir at /mnt/ first for this to work:

//192.168.1.1/Stuff /mnt/Stuff cifs noauto,x-systemd.automount,username=x,password=y,sec=ntlm,ro 0 0

1 Like

Thanks fzinken. I had one last go before I started the log process and it worked. W10 shortened the username to four letters. I used this password/user combo earlier no luck. I must have got something right eventually.

1 Like