Unable to automount ftp directory at boot using curlftpfs

Hi there,

I wanted to add my video source as an ftp directory, and the ftp-source never worked in osmc. I even installed the ftp-app-osmc as specified in this thread didn’t worked. So I decided to mount my ftp directory directory on the PI. I used curlftpfs and added this in my fstab:

curlftpfs#192.168.1.101:2211//run/media/neo1691/Passport/MyBackup/ /mnt/ftp fuse auto,user,uid=1000,allow_other,_netdev   0   0

I also created a .netrc in /root/ with the following contents:

machine 192.168.1.101
login neo1691
password mypassword

When I do sudo mount -a the ftp directory is automatically mounted, but this never happens when I reboot my pi. I have also added the _netdev option to wait for network before mounting.

Any help on this?

That’s an FTP server, not a client.

mount -a is a one-shot mount command. You want fstab for persistent mounts.

But you are overcomplicating things: have you tried switching to Confluence and looking for FTP option?

S

Yes I have added an entry in the fstab for persistent mounts, which doesn’t work at startup.

But you are overcomplicating things: have you tried switching to Confluence and looking for FTP option?

Is the confluence skin you are talking about? I haven’t tried switching to confluence, but I have tried adding an ftp server as a source in file manager. It will always say “Cannot connect to the server” no matter what I do. I am able to connect to my ftp server from other clients.

Get rid of auto and _netdev, add noauto,x-systemd.automount

The options you are using will not automount on a systemd system such as OSMC.

@DBMandrake This solves it. Thanks a lot.
I wonder how I did not find any documentation for this on the internet, maybe I was not searching with the systemd keyword. Thanks again!