Unable to install TVHeadend via App store

Hi all,

I was thinking to give TVHeadend a go - I have a USB DVB-T stick (not currently plugged in) but when I went to the App store , I can select TVHeadend and say to install (comes up as install (1) in the bottom right corner) but when I select Apply, nothing happens.

I tried to upload my logs via the grab-logs command but I kept getting the following error:

sudo grab-logs -X
Logs successfully uploaded.
Logs available at http://paste.osmc.io/{"message":"Documentexceedsmaximumlength.

I can’t use My OSMC at the moment because the family are using the machine. Perhaps tomorrow I can upload them if needed. In the meantime, this seems to be the relevant part of kodi.log:

20:04:29 102982.703125 T:2637165600   DEBUG: OSMC APFStore gui : apf_gui.contact_update_service received: pos0: <apf_gui.apf_GUI object at 0xa9676060>, pos1: install_armv6l-tvheaden
20:04:30 102982.718750 T:2637165600   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'socket.error'>
                                            Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory')
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/usr/share/kodi/addons/service.osmc.settings/resources/lib/CompLogger.py", line 71, in wrapper
                                                result  = func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "/usr/share/kodi/addons/script.module.osmcsetting.apfstore/resources/lib/apf_gui.py", line 164, in onClick
                                                self.contact_update_service(action_string)
                                              File "/usr/share/kodi/addons/service.osmc.settings/resources/lib/CompLogger.py", line 71, in wrapper
                                                result  = func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "/usr/share/kodi/addons/script.module.osmcsetting.apfstore/resources/lib/apf_gui.py", line 179, in contact_update_service
                                                sock.connect(address)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 224, in meth
                                                return getattr(self._sock,name)(*args)
                                            error: (2, 'No such file or directory')
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
20:04:30 102982.914062 T:2927739936   DEBUG: PushCecKeypress - received key  b duration 227 (rep:0 size:0)

Is this something silly I’m missing?

Cheers,
Michelle

Reboot, then go straight to MyOSMC - Updates - Manual Controls - Check for Updates Now.

Update when prompted.

That should get you on to the latest version, and this problem should be gone.

1 Like

Thanks Karnage, that seems to have fixed the problem :smile: