Unable to resume or replay movies

Hi,
Version OSMC 2019.07-1:
All of a sudden It is no longer possible to either resume movies or replay them from the beginning. If I click on a movie which has been played before for a couple of minutes nothing happens.
I really do not know if this is a known bug in OSMC 2019.07-1.
I also do not know if my problem occurred after updating or that it existed beforehand.
A fresh install did help for some hours, then the problem resurfaced again.
Thanks in advance!

Hans

Thanks for providing debug enabled logs in advance if you need any help for your problem

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

I hope this is what you mean.

https://paste.osmc.tv/kipiluyiti

It is a bit much is it not?

Anyway, thanks again

It is precisely what support folks need to see when attempting to debug problems.

I can not see any attemp that you played a file.

Please reboot twice. Play a file for more then 5 minutes. Press stop and then try to play again.
After that upload the file, let us know the URL and also the name of the file you played.

https://paste.osmc.tv/merasibabe

I have played the following file: Loch.Ness.S01E02.XviD-AFG.avi for 6 minutes, stopped it and tried to resume it. Later on I also tried to play it from the beginning (is not in the log). Both did not work.

Thanks again.

How did you try to resume after stop? You just pressed OK?
From the Logs it looked like the initiation was from a different parent folder.

I have started the movie from within the directory which contains all the episodes of the season. Then after playing it for six minutes or so I stopped it by clicking on the little square. This brought me back to the directory containing the episodes. Then I clicked on the movie again and it asked me whether I would like to resume of play from the beginning. It seems that it does not matter which option you choose. In both cases the screen shows you the list of episodes again and that is it.

So as far as I know I did not resume from a different parent directory.

Well that is the difference that I saw (can not explain)

2019-09-13 13:31:45.258 T:1915442736   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (smb://DD-WRT/Routerschijf/Videos/Speelfilms/Loch Ness (aka The Loch) Season 1 (2017)ITV/)
2019-09-13 13:31:45.259 T:1915442736   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [smb://DD-WRT/Routerschijf/Videos/Speelfilms/]
2019-09-13 13:38:13.661 T:1915442736   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (smb://DD-WRT/Routerschijf/Videos/Speelfilms/Loch Ness (aka The Loch) Season 1 (2017)ITV/)
2019-09-13 13:38:13.662 T:1915442736   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [smb://DD-WRT/Routerschijf/Videos/Speelfilms/Loch Ness (aka The Loch) Season 1 (2017)ITV/]

I do not get it. Will look into it though. Anyway thanks again.

Is he using libraries? Aren’t they required?

It might be a keymap issue. You might want to try resetting to default with the Keymap Editor add-on.

So I did reset the keymap to default. And Bingo! What the hell. Could you give me an explanation please?

Thanks so much to everyone who has thought about my problem!

Should I mark this topic as “solved”? And if so how?

Keymaps have the ability to be programed so when you are at (x) and you press (y) it does one function, but when you are at (z) and you press (y) it does something else. I could see in your log that the play function was not being invoked after you left the video like it was initially. There was also an invalid command in your keymap being shown as well. Resetting the keymap is much less effort than figuring out where something went wrong in your keymap.

Amazing that know this kind of stuff. Thank you so much.

I am lefthanded so I always have used a mouse.xml file to switch the knobs. Of course the mouse is righthanded again after the default. So I did put a new mouse.xml file in the keymaps directory. But now the problem resurfaced again. Do you know how to fix this? If I am asking to much, just say so. I can live with a right handed mouse and I am thankful as it is. This is the mouse.xml file:

<keymap>
  <global>
    <mouse>
      <rightclick>leftclick</rightclick>
      <leftclick>rightclick</leftclick>
    </mouse>
  </global>
</keymap>

Putting the command in <global> is going to make the swap in everywhere but where they are called out in the default keymaps for specific screens. I’m not sure where exactly the problem is occuring. Looking through the default keymaps the only thing I saw missing to override was…

<keymap>
  <global>
    <mouse>
    </mouse>
  </global>
 <slideshow>
    <mouse>
      <rightclick>Pause</rightclick>
    </mouse>
 </slideshow>
</keymap>

…which should not be causing your issue. I’m not sure why but you might just have to override it for specific screens…

<keymap>
  <global>
    <mouse>
    </mouse>
  </global>
 <slideshow>
    <mouse>
      <rightclick>Pause</rightclick>
    </mouse>
 </slideshow>
  <filemanager>
    <mouse>
      <rightclick>select</rightclick>
      <leftclick>contextmenu</leftclick>
    </mouse>
  </filemanager>
  <videos>
    <mouse>
      <rightclick>select</rightclick>
      <leftclick>contextmenu</leftclick>
    </mouse>
  </videos>
</keymap>

[Note that I did not check my xml if you decide to copy/paste]
As far as which windows you would have to add to fix any issues of swapping the keys you can look at the keymap wiki for the exact names.

Thanks, you have been a big help. I will give it another try tomorrow. My wife is asking me whether I know it is a Friday night…

After giving it a bit more thought I think you might want to actually remove the key swap from <global> and only change it only for specific windows where you want the behavior changed. I checked the actual default keymaps in OSMC and since there is nothing there that should be causing your issue, I think it is likely that there may be something in Kodi’s code that is conflicting.

A quick look at the log file gives the answer to that question :wink:

2019-09-13 13:38:13.500 T:1514226400 DEBUG: DoWork - Saving file state for video item smb://DD-WRT/Routerschijf/Videos/Speelfilms/Loch Ness (aka The Loch) Season 1 (2017)ITV/Loch.Ness.S01E02.XviD-AFG.avi