Unable to update kodi on my Rasperry pi 3

I’m unable to update kodi on my Rasperry pi 3. Manual and automatic updates, both give an installation error which comes in a message window titled “OSMC Update Error”. The message being “Error installing: Please report this on the OSMC forum.”

The error log is https://paste.osmc.tv/tesacilatu

I had researched this topic in the forums and I then proceeded to execute the following commands from the console.

sudo rm -r /var/lib/apt/lists/*

sudo mkdir /var/lib/apt/lists/partial

sudo apt-get update

At the end of a flurry of successfully executed transactions, I received the following message:

The following signatures could not be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 32667….

The repository ‘Index of /osmc/osmc/download/dev/gmc-18 gmc-18 InRelease’ is not signed.

Updating from such a repository cant be done securely, and is there fore disabled by default.

See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

Please help me fix this problem.

gmc-18 has been deprecated for approaching a year since 18 became the stable build. Simply remove that line from your /etc/apt/sources.list

1 Like

how do I do that from inside Kodi? I currently dont have a linux machine handy.

A windows machine with putty or a phone with a terminal emulator should do the trick. Or you can hook up a keyboard and boot to command line.

1 Like

Thank You, I did it like you said and that took care of that.
Thank You