Unable to upload logs

Vero 4k+ with latest software … lots of disk space.

I’m trying to upload logs related to another issue, but the upload fails. If I try using the GUI, it hangs at “Retrieving Kodi” and using the terminal at “masking private information.”

Using the GUI method locks the system, and I have to reboot the Vero via the command line.

If I interrupt the command line process using Ctrl C the process completes with the following output:

Masking private information …
Grabbing log Kodi Old Log …
Masking private information …
^CAn error occurred while grabbing Kodi Old Log:
KeyboardInterrupt
Writing logs to temp file …
Dispatching logs …
Logs copied to /boot/uploadlog.txt

Any idea what the issue might be?

Have you checked that the device has Internet access?

Hi Sam, we can stream media, so yes.

A question for you, is your end working correctly?

Bit personal…

But jokes aside, yes, it is. Can you check the log which has been saved manually to /boot and paste it to https://paste.osmc.tv. Ironically we need a log to see what the issue is.

Cheers

Sam

1 Like

Logs are here …

Hi

I have re-read your post. Unfortunately we’d only get a log if you uploaded from Kodi, but I see you used the CLI.

I understand Kodi is hanging. Is the device responsive at all when trying this or does it completely lock up?

Can you let me know what the other issue is? Might give me some ideas.

Cheers

Sam

Yes, it completely locks up if I use the gui to upload the logs. I left it some time to see if it would time out. I rebooted the Vero using ssh in the terminal.

I think the question was what was your original problem why you wanted to upload logs.

The original issue is about the Netflix plugin. When I try to play something, it get:

“One or more items failed to play. Check the logs for more information about this message.”

When I researched this it seems to be a generic message kodi throws up, ie, people using other apps have seen this, rather that a specific message created by the Netflix plugin. (I could be wrong.)

So the idea was to run it by yourselves first before I head to the developer.

Try this:

sudo systemctl stop mediacenter
rm -R .kodi/temp/*
sudo systemctl start mediacenter

Then reproduce your Netflix issue and try to upload logs

1 Like

The OSMC Log Updater function still hangs at “Retrieving Kodi.” There’s no control of the system, and I have to reboot the box to recover.

Is there a manual way I can get the logs? I can scp the file to my laptop and upload it from there if that helps. I just need to know where it lives.

The Kodi log would be at /home/osmc/.kodi/temp/kodi.log.

Ok … file is here.

What I did:

1. Enabled debug logging
  2. Rebooted twice
  3. Tried Netflix, got the error
  4. Tried to upload the log using the gui, it hung
  5. scp’d the file to my laptop and manually pasted the contents to your pastebin.

Hopefully you’ll get something for both issues. :crossed_fingers: