Update PVR Client


My PVR Client (teleboy) stopped working. There is a newer version available on github and Kodi Add-ons that should resolve this issue. How can I get this new version?

I read that all the PVR Clients are included in OSMC. So I could wait for an OSMC update an hope that this specific PVR Client is updated…

Isn’t there a simple way to manually update the PVR Client with a .zip file?

Thanks for your help.

I made a zip-file with cmake and tried to install it with the addon-browser. But it was not successfull There comes a message, that there is a conflict with “kodi.binary.instance.pvr in Version 8.0.0”. I dont know what it means. :frowning:

Is there any hint how to update the “OSMC included” PVR-Addons?

Did you build the correct version, i.e. for Matrix?

We’ll release a new version of Kodi based on 19.2 shortly.

Yes, i think it was the correct version. here is what i did:

  1. git clone --branch master https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc
  2. git clone --branch Matrix https://github.com/rbuehlma/pvr.teleboy
  3. cd pvr.teleboy && mkdir build && cd build
  4. cmake -DADDONS_TO_BUILD=pvr.teleboy -DADDON_SRC_PREFIX=../.. -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=../../xbmc/addons -DPACKAGE_ZIP=1 ../../xbmc/cmake/addons
  5. make package-pvr.teleboy

i am an absolute linux noob. I dont know what to do und i dont know what i did. :slight_smile:

I look forward to the next release. :slight_smile:

Id did it again and now it works. Dont know why, but now i got the newest teleboy version.
I love this solution. Now i have an extrem small TV-Center that i can take with me wherever i am. :+1:

1 Like

@minix Good to hear.
Could you may share the new .zip file?

Here you go: klick

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

@Erich1 Hi, did you update to the Nov-Version? My Teleboy PVR doesnt work any more? Login failed. Any ideas?

Edit: I reinstalled the teleboy pvr addon and now it works again.

Yes, I’m on the November version and teleboy is working at my end.

i get an error. I cant install it and cant compile it again. i dont no why…

Scanning dependencies of target pvr.teleboy
[ 21%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/pvr.teleboy.dir/src/Utils.cpp.o
/home/osmc/pvr.teleboy/src/Utils.cpp: In static member function ‘static std::__c xx11::string Utils::GetFilePath(std::__cxx11::string, bool)’:
/home/osmc/pvr.teleboy/src/Utils.cpp:15:29: error: ‘GetAddonPath’ is not a membe r of ‘kodi’
return (bUserPath ? kodi::GetAddonPath(strPath) : kodi::GetBaseUserPath(strPa th));
/home/osmc/pvr.teleboy/src/Utils.cpp:15:29: note: suggested alternative:
In file included from /home/osmc/pvr.teleboy/build/build/depends/include/kodi/Fi lesystem.h:11,
from /home/osmc/pvr.teleboy/src/Utils.cpp:11:
/home/osmc/pvr.teleboy/build/build/depends/include/kodi/AddonBase.h:880:35: note : ‘kodi::addon::GetAddonPath’
inline std::string ATTR_DLL_LOCAL GetAddonPath(const std::string& append = “”)
/home/osmc/pvr.teleboy/src/Utils.cpp:15:59: error: ‘GetBaseUserPath’ is not a me mber of ‘kodi’
return (bUserPath ? kodi::GetAddonPath(strPath) : kodi::GetBaseUserPath(strPa th));
make[6]: *** [CMakeFiles/pvr.teleboy.dir/build.make:63: CMakeFiles/pvr.teleboy.d ir/src/Utils.cpp.o] Error 1
make[5]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:105: CMakeFiles/pvr.teleboy.dir/all] Error 2
make[4]: *** [Makefile:152: all] Error 2
make[3]: *** [CMakeFiles/pvr.teleboy.dir/build.make:113: pvr.teleboy-prefix/src/ pvr.teleboy-stamp/pvr.teleboy-build] Error 2
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:142: CMakeFiles/pvr.teleboy.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:186: CMakeFiles/package-pvr.teleboy.dir/rule] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:157: package-pvr.teleboy] Error 2

Unfortunately I cant help you with this issue.
All I can say is that teleboy 19.8.2 is still working for me on the OSMC December version.

RTL does not work. There was a change with DRM.

Here is a new version of the addon. Works fine now: klick

Hi minix, thank you very much.

And again. The new version: klick

Thank you.
However, RTL does not work at my end.
But never mind, I dont need it anyway…

You need to install/update the widevine with the inpustreamhelper. Then it works fine again.

And if there is a buffering problem you should downgrade the Widewine version:

curl https://k.slyguy.xyz/.decryptmodules/widevine/4.10.2252.0-linux-armv7.so | sudo tee /home/osmc/.kodi/cdm/libwidevinecdm.so >/dev/null

Thanks for the hint. Works perfectly now.