Update to 19.1 Borked Multiple Things - Unusable

Hi All -

After years of stability, this latest update seems to have broken my system entirely which is unfortunate.

Videos start to play (after short lagged delay) but then “freeze” - not hard freeze, just stop playing - after a few seconds. No audio at all - including GUI effects.

Debug Log

Please post full logs, not just the Kodi log, and turn on Debug.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Totally understand. I was a bit lazy about that post. Let’s try this again.
(1) Running RPi model 3B
(2) Have run OSMC for years without issues
(3) Three distinct problems so far but only two show stoppers:
(a) All videos stop playing after a couple seconds (also there is a noticeable lag in starting a video that was not there before the update - ~5 seconds). Video is also very choppy when it starts.
(b) No sound at all - including skin GUI effects

My setup:
RPi connected via HMDI to my receiver (5.1) which is then connected to the tv.

Log:

https://paste.osmc.tv/utojutuqup

Thanks.

First thing to try:

Adjust display refresh rate: Off

Change this to On Start/stop

Also you have

Allow passthrough: false

You probably want that set to True

Give those changes a try and see if that helps.

(1) Changing to display refresh rate: Start/Stop had no effect on video playback.

(2)Passthrough options are not available any longer (I know weird…).
Settings → System → Audio → (go to very bottom) I see “Audio Passthrough” without any options underneath, immediately followed by "Reset above settings to default.

Have you read:

and

Sam

Do you have Menu Level set to expert, did you changed the Audio out device?

Also seems no correct EDID is read did you checked the cables and ensure AVR and TV was on when you booted the Pi?

PCM supported: Max channels: 2, Max samplerate:  32kHz, Max samplesize 16 bits.

Yes to both :slight_smile: I didn’t see anything on there that would cause any major issues given my setup.

Menu level is set to expert. I hadn’t messed with audio out device, willing to give it a shot.

AVR and TV were in the same state as has always worked with the Pi…Pi is on 24/7, TV/AVR are on as needed.