Updated from June to July - Big problems! (solved, network issue)

I made a mistake and let it update… Had previously been running the June update with almost no issues. Aftre the july update:

  • Had to do several reboots before it would see the network
  • Playback of video is either very jerky or does not work at all
  • Cannot upload logs, tells me URL cannot be resolved.

Please advise!

Remove your HifiBerry DAC+ – your PSU may be borderline.

That’s the thing I can think of that also changed on your setup recently.

You can upload logs from the SD card manually.

It was removed yesterday, before I upgraded. I have the logs on the SD. How do I upload manually?

Move the sd to another computer that has internet access and paste them to our paste.osmc.io

OK, I see a blue screen with a cursor and some icons. I have never used it before. New does not seem to do anything. Please advise

Open the log files in a text editor on that computer. Highlight and copy that text, go to the blue screen, paste the previously copied contents, press the save (floppy disk) icon, return here with the resultant URL.

OK. You just need the uploadlog.txt? There was a kernel.img there as well, from today, but you do not need that?

Url is: http://paste.osmc.io/ikaqacuxij.vhdl

FWIW, PSU is the one shipped from Farnell, when I bought the Pi.

You have not enabled debug logging. Please read the following link so that you can provide us with the information we need.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information, including logs from you. Please see http://osmc.tv/wiki/general/how-to-submit-a-useful-support-request/ for advice on how to help us help you.

How are you connected to the Internet? WiFi, Ethernet?

18:11:54 383.463440 T:2614096880   ERROR: CCurlFile::Exists - Failed: Timeout was reached(28) for http://www.msftncsi.com/ncsi.txt

You have connection issues, but it looks like our HTTP time service was able to resolve time from the Internet. If you’ve assigned a static IP, make sure it’s not being leased by DHCP to another device

It is a wired ethernet and the address is static. But I am afraid you were right… (blush). I installed the June version on a separate SD and restored settigns and had the same issues there. Then switched to another network segment and all was fine… Oddly, though, the problems started at the same time as the update, but were apparently not connected. Yesterday all was fine. Today that network segment had problems.

Now we can watch the last two episodes of “Happy Valley” in peace :slight_smile:

That just leaves one issue: I cannot fast-forward or seek in programmes from one source. For example the recording of said valley, where the thick Yorkshire accent makes you want to rewind at times to hear what they say. But I will post that as a separate thread.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction!

It’s probably the source then. If it’s a local file or coming from your network, it should be fine. Check that mentioning the source isn’t prohibited by our forum rules first