Updates Causing Black Screen on Reboot

So I thought I would share my experience to maybe help anyone else who encounters it. I’ve gotten OSMC running smoothly off of a USB drive and recently installed the Broadcom Crystal HD BCM700015 mini pci-e card. I run my A/V through component cables and have altered the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file per the OSMC Wiki ( Here ). My device downloads update and then prompts to upgrade. When the upgrade was finished, my apple tv rebooted and I was presented with a black screen and nothing more. I could still SSH into the device, so I could tell that everything was physically running fine. I then checked my /etc/X11/xorg.conf file and noticed that it had been changed to an alternative configuration. Editing it to re-enable the component cables solved my problem.

The files that updated to cause this problem in the first place were:
atv-userland-osmc
base-files-osmc
diskmount-osmc
dpkg
i386-connman-osmc
i386-eventlircd-osmc
i386-network-osmc
i386-splash-osmc
libgssapi-krb5-2
libk5crypto3
libkrb5-3
libkrb5support0
libldap-2.4-2
libpng12-0
libsasl2-2
libsasl2-modules-db
mediacenter-addon-osmc
tzdata
wpasupplicant

@DBMandrake mark as conffile.

For x64, this will be trickier, as people may swap graphics card or PC. I suggest a symlink to /etc/X11/Xorg.conf and a way of “checking” if that has been user modified. I know that sounds a lot like a conffile but we want to parse dmesg and have that determine the output of Xorg.conf.

S

This is fixed by the following commit:

A customised xorg.conf will no longer be overwritten by an update to atv-userland-osmc.

You guys rock! I mean I realize this was a fairly simple fix, but this was fixed in no time at all. Please keep up the good work. I know that many are enjoying it greatly!