Updating libtorrent version in deluge OSMC

Good evening.
I would like some assistance in updating my libtorrent version (if possible) used by deluge
my system is:

Kodi:
23:57:17.472 T:1958682624 NOTICE: Starting Kodi (17.2). Platform: Linux ARM (Thumb) 32-bit
23:57:17.472 T:1958682624 NOTICE: Using Release Kodi x32 build (version for Raspberry Pi)
23:57:17.472 T:1958682624 NOTICE: Kodi compiled May 25 2017 by GCC 4.9.2 for Linux ARM (Thumb) 32-bit version 3.16.39 (200743)

OSMC:
osmc@osmc:~$ grep VERSION_ID /etc/os-release
VERSION_ID=“2017.04-2”
osmc@osmc:~$

While running deluge I have some issues that mentioned in other forums, point to suggestions for updating libtorrent to new versions.
My current information is:

osmc@osmc:~$ sudo find /usr -name libtorrent*
/usr/share/doc/libtorrent-rasterbar7
/usr/lib/libtorrent-rasterbar.so.7
/usr/lib/libtorrent-rasterbar.so.7.0.0
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/libtorrent.so
osmc@osmc:~$ file /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/libtorrent.so
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/libtorrent.so: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, ARM, EABI5 version 1 (GNU/Linux), dynamically linked, BuildID[sha1]=32e85dca172a9412c8d9db91948a61ade1e510ba, stripped
osmc@osmc:~$

osmc@osmc:~$ deluge -v
deluge: 1.3.14
libtorrent: 0.16.18.0

However I would like some guidance before I mess with my OSMC setup.

Thanks.

There is no ‘safe’ way to upgrade to a version newer than the one distributed, so your first priority should be to back up your system. If possible take an image of your SD card so you can get back to ‘now’ very quickly to try multiple ways if required.

Once you have a full back up, identify the version of libtorrent you need and whether it will work with your current version of deluge.

Then run sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade to ensure everything else is up-to-date and sudo apt-get install build-essentials so that you can build from source (you may need kernel headers too).

Download the source code for the version of libtorrent (and deluge if needed) you require and follow the directions in their readme files to build and install them.

Please note though if this causes problems elsewhere you are likely to be asked to revert these changes before anyone can offer you support.

AFAICT, the current versions in the Debian repo are:

Inst deluge-common (1.3.10-3+deb8u1 Debian-Security:8/stable [all])
Inst deluge-gtk (1.3.10-3+deb8u1 Debian-Security:8/stable [all])
Inst deluge (1.3.10-3+deb8u1 Debian-Security:8/stable [all])

and

Inst libtorrent-rasterbar7 (0.16.18-1 Debian:8.8/stable [armhf])
Inst python-libtorrent (0.16.18-1 Debian:8.8/stable [armhf])

so your versions already seem at odds with what’s in the repo.

Thanks for the prompt response!
I installed deluge from source like a while ago, Dont exactly remember when.
I follo wed this guide: [HowTo] Compile & Install Deluge on OSMC
at the time and installed deluge-1.3.14.tar.bz2 from source.

I will check my source dir and report back.

hi,

Read this post https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/trying-to-upgrade-libtorrent-build-from-source/36344/3

The Deluge team maintains a PPA repo with the latest version of Libtorrent/Deluge. The only workaround is the way to add the repo to your apt source, described in the topic I mentioned ( use “sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list” instead as described)

all the rest is fully functional and tested.