Updating Vero needs input I cannot give

I have got no clue who “Debian Samba package maintainers” are and tbh I don’t care. I bought a flagship OSMC device that still does not live up to the promise. Updates should be checked and double checked. I recommended this device before it was out to some people I know, because it should be EASY. For them SSH means shush or something (in dutch).

In my experience so far most updates, and I really mean most (!), fail to succeed the 1st time. Mostly it requires many restarts, I get strange screens hanging in the OSMC boot and many times I have to reconfigure the audio and/or video settings to get it working again (many times audio output device is set to optical after update in stead of HDMI, and video is many times with the wrong resolution or refreshrate. I know a little bit about computers, but nothing about Linux. The very last december update I mentioned the result in this thread, no reply whatsoever for this flagship owner. Now I have to get in terminal again to get things done. Again, Vero just does not live up to the promise and so we should buy a Vero2??

I have strong criticism as you notice. But for a normal user this device is just…, well, let me not write that down. It was expensive but came with a promise. I am disappointed.

I will do what DBMandrake wrote, thanks for the help. But is is just not what I want to do with my Vero.