UPnP fails after restart

After each reboot of my Vero 4K, I have to manually go into Settings | Services | UPnP/DLNA and disable and re-enable UPnP support before I can see the files on my Windows 10 DLNA server. Any suggestions on how to fix and/or script this issue?

OSMC 2020.10-1
Vero 4K+

Is this new or has it been an issue for a while?

It’s always been an issue (> 12 months)

Are both devices on WiFi or both devices Wired?
i.e. no mixing of WiFi and Wired.

Both devices are wired.

Please provide full debug logs.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

https://paste.osmc.tv/qukogofuvu
Failed to connect at 8:27 local time
Disabled/re-enabled UPnP
Successful connect

Is the DLNA server a specific application running on Windows 10 or is Windows providing this functionality natively?

Native functionality. Enabled at Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and Sharing Center\Media streaming options

In your log, Kodi is starting before the network is up. Try enabling “Wait for Network” in MyOSMC > Network and rebooting.

3 Likes

Winner winner chicken dinner! Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Glad to hear it’s now working. Some things are worth waiting for. :slight_smile: