Upscaling 1080p on 4k TV

Hi team…so a mini teething issue…I have new TV…yay…LG 4k HDR…i have most of my movies in 1080p or less…when watching they look too clear with no depth of field…way too perfect…if you know what I mean…on my Humax it looks fine…its just on the Vero 4k…is there a setting that I can change to 1080p max only?

Thanks in adavnce

well I have played around again…and changed refresh rate from 60.0 to 50.0…this is much better…before it was like everything was in focus…now it is softer it that makes sense…but not really sure if I have it set to the best setting so appreciate some help.

Thanks,

M

Best way imho : KODI-GUI set to 1920x1080, scaling by TV!

Thanks willicooper…set it to 1920x1080…however at 60.00 refresh rate it looked ridiculous…brought it down to 50.0 and much better…this seem about right?

You are probably describing what is known as soap opera effect. What kind of content are you watching?

We plan to allow resolution matching in a future update.

Well I finally worked it out…buried deep within the LG menu settings …deeper than tutankhamun undercrackers in his pyramid … LG’s upscale function known as TruMotion is hiding…turn it off et voila! Superb! Previous streams on old (5 years) tv have come alive…Vero 4k with new 4k Ultra telly is truly great…now about that blue light…M