USB audio - messages in dmesg

My USB audio (analog) is throwing massive messages in dmesg
My adapter Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0d8c:013c C-Media Electronics, Inc. CM108 Audio Controller
Message in dmesg::
[66984.869060] Transfer to device 4 endpoint 0x7 frame 207 failed - FIQ reported NYET. Data may have been lost.
[67034.155769] Transfer to device 4 endpoint 0x7 frame 335 failed - FIQ reported NYET. Data may have been lost.
[67034.715826] Transfer to device 4 endpoint 0x7 frame 895 failed - FIQ reported NYET. Data may have been lost.

While generally I don’t have a problem with playback the spam of the dmesg is a bit annoying.
On the other hand I have a problem with the audio (short interruptions) when I am accessing the SSD that is also connected to the USB ports.

Can you try adding

dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0xF

to cmdline.txt (add it to the end of existing line, not on a new line).

Ok, can confirm after I added it to cmdline.txt the dmesg messages stopped.

And actually the other problem (sound interuptions) seems not be related to the concurrent access to the SSD but actually a scp job eating all the CPU. Is it actually normal that a single scp job needs 70% CPU on a rpi 1?

scp uses an encrypted channel, so encryption/decryption is required, so it’s fairly heavy on CPU for a Pi1.

@popcornmix, thanks the CPU load for the encryption was clear, just wasn’t expecting 70% load.
Regarding the addition I made on the cmdline.txt will this survive future updates or will I have to check after every update and add manually?

We don’t modify cmdline.txt during updates.

1 Like