Usb dvb and and ir remote

Hello

I am using vero4k, omsc kodi 19 testing, tvheadend pvr with usb dvb sky 360 and a IR LG magic remote with lirc disabled.

The remote works as expected until I play Live TV in kodi. Then 98% of IR events are lost. As soon as I stop Live TV, IR works normally. I verified with “ir-keytable -t” so specific kodi or eventlircd issue is discarded as well as lirc which I am not using anyway. CPU usage can spike to 75%, this does not seem high enough to be an issue. Any hints?

Happened to me as well with osmc stable but did not have the chance to troubleshoot a lot on that setup but I guess this is not specific to the kodi 19 testing branch.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

https://paste.osmc.tv/yohonuvaka

What happens if you watch other content, like a film?
If you can use ir-keytable, I assume you’re familiar with CLI. What’s top look like – is the CPU pegged?

Sam

Maybe some black tape over the DVB device’s IR receiver could help.

Watching a film, the remote works fine. CPU load also looks fine while watching Live TV, after more than 15 minutes of Live TV: load average: 1.08, 0.92, 0.80.

The driver has an option to disable the dvb IR and I am making use of it, only the vero IR receiver is enabled.